1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emailed my mom and told her

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zorn, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's what I sent:

First off, I love you. Thank you very much for getting our things to us, I know it was hard to work out. But that's not what this email is about. I hope this doesn't ruin your day or cause you any grief, because I love you so much. I'm gay. I have been for as long as I can remember. I've never felt comfortable until recently to come out and say it. To answer some burning questions right away: (I hope they aren't inappropriate) --

1. I don't have a boyfriend,

2. I'm a virgin. Completely and utterly. (I don't believe you have to have sex to know. Trust me, I'm not confused).

3. I don't think God hates me or anything like that. I can't stop being gay (I've tried to be attracted to girls). I think God loves me as he made me.

I'm sure there are more, and feel free to ask anything you want, because you are my mom and you deserve to know. I hate that it took me so long to tell you (I'm sure you suspected a little bit?). I know it's been the cause of some tension, at least on my part. I think this will help us to become closer. You always told me that you loved me no matter what, so I believe you will still love me now. I still love you. I know it can be extremely difficult to accept, but I hope you will support me. I'm not going to act different, because I tried to behave just as I would had I been out. If you want, I can send you some links to some helpful sites (after you're ready for them) for dealing with it. I can even give you the email of a mom who had dealt with her son coming out, and she has talked with lots of other parents. I don't know how I'm going to tell dad. You can tell Mike if you think it's a good idea. My work schedule has been set, so I only have Mondays and Wednesdays off. I get off at 3:30 on Sundays, also, so if you want to meet (I'm sure we both do) then those are the best times. As much I would like to meet Monday, I must do my rough draft of my senior paper, and I would like you to be able to actually have some time to gather your thoughts. My mind has kind of turned to mush after all this, so I can't currently think of much else to say.

I love you so much. How is your health? I've been really worried since I haven't gotten an email. I'm sorry I got so pissy with you. I know you were probably just giving me space, which I needed a lot to sort this out. Thank you. Fill me in on how everything is going with you.

Again, Email me any and every question you have. I will gladly answer it. I know you are probably short on time now, but if you can't type out a full email, just send me a quick one to let me know you've seen this. Even if all you put in it is that you've seen it, please just let me know. I'm shaking...and crying. I've got to try and get some sleep now, because it will probably take all night for me to sleep from the anxiety. But it's a good anxiety.

Love and Miss you

Love Jayden

-------------

I think it's pretty good. I hope she checks her email in the morning. I wish she were up now to reply. I haven't heard a word from her in 2 or possibly 3 weeks. I'm praying for a good response.

Gotta barf now.

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

sounds good,hope it goes well for you

3. Zec24

Jayden, I understand the feeling of waiting for a response. I did the same thing with my father, and thought i was going to be sick waiting for his response. Congrats on having the courage to send the letter and let us know how it goes.

4. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I'm pretty much doing the same thing you are right now w/ the letter sending. You're so lucky your parents have email, I have to send mine through snail mail and it's probably going to take forever which will just add to my anxiety level! Well I'm hoping for the best for you and good luck! :icon_bigg

5. Louise

The waiting must be unbearable!

Your letter is lovely, you have tried to cover all the points and have been very careing. Hope it all goes well for you :kiss:

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck! I hope everything goes fine and your parents will love and accept you for the awesome person that you are!

7. Jim1454

Good luck!

8. TriBi

You did good with the email :slight_smile:.

Hope the response is just as positive.

9. biisme

god job! tell us when u get a response and good luck!

10. 24601

Good luck. Hope all goes well. :thumbsup:

11. SpikySpice

Good Job, Jay, taht was a great letter

And Im sure your mother will be ok, she love syou I know, she wants you back, but just acts liek she dosent...

Good luck, hope thinsg all be alright

12. Sam

Sam

good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine tell us how it goes

13. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey you did good with the e-mail. hope you get a good responce. tell us how it goes.

14. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Still no response...heading quickly towards a breakdown from a culmination of bad things going on. Don't know what to do. You guys are great, though. I'll fill you in when she replies.

15. Louise

Give her a ring, see if she has picked up her mails. If she hasn't she doesn't know and you can just tell her that you sent her an important message and you would like her to read it as soon as possible... then at least you know why she didn't answer.

If she has read it you can ask her how she is feeling. She might be waiting for you to make the first move. When my son came out to me, we chatted then there was a great embarrased silence for two weeks. I waited for my son to bring up the subject, he waited for me to bring up the subject. Neither of us really knew what to do, so tentatively I had a chat and there you are; once the ball was rolling we are fine, we chat openly without embarassement, without worry of hurting or upsetting them.

Don't wait, you are going to drive yourself mad. :kiss:

16. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this is her reply:

Jayden,

I just now was able to look at my emails from the past week or so. Thank you for the email. I wasn't ignoring this, but I'm sure you're probably wondering why it took me so long to respond. It is only because I am just now getting to the computer.

I'd much rather see you to discuss all of this. Can we meet on Wednesday right after my work at 5pm? Let me know asap.

I love you. (But you should know that by now, right?)
    ~Mom

---------

I'm scared. Don't know why. Must write senior paper. So busy.

17. TriBi

I can understand you being scared of "discussing it face to face" - but I can't see anything in her response that should give you cause for any worry in the meantime.

Good luck with talking it through with her. :slight_smile:

18. Sam

Sam

See she just hadn't had the chance to look at her emails. By the way it sounds she is ok with it or will be she said she loves you and thats a good sign! tell us how the talk goes.

19. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Well it looks like it will be fine seeing as she didn't say anything negative. Good luck!

20. InaRut

*grumbles under his breath*
    Lucky jerk...
    *ahem*
    YOUR MOM ROCKS! hahaha