1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow didnt expect this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bibliophile, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Bibliophile

Ok so this morning after crashing the night and one of my best friends houses he says he wants to talk. Now keep in mind me and him serve on the same ship togeather. He says that he has been worried about me and that I seemed down and out as of late. Now the reason I have been like this is that I am just tense over going home and starting a new life. Part of that is finding someone I want to be with. Well I feel like I want to explore the male side of things and its gonna be rough when I tell my family. So this has had me moody and silent. Anyway back to my friend. He says he saw the name of a site I have been on a lot as of late. (I surf this site when we hang out.) He then says well I looked it up and I cant believe you didnt feel like you could talk to me about that stuff. He seemed upset that I kept these worries to myself. So turns out he is totally ok with it and would rather just have me able to talk to him then anything else. I want to say I am shocked but I am not really. I mean he is like a brother to me and I trust him more then even my family. Its just his wife is rather religious and he is a firm christian even if he doesnt agree with all of it. So I was worried about opening up on that off chance he would react badly. I kinda feel like a jerk for worrying now. :lol: I am just glad that someone that I am so cool with is totally ok with me being me no matter who I am into.

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice one! Even if it wasn't coming out by your own will, it's good to hear it went so well. and he's definitely an awesome friend for being so accepting! :thumbsup:

3. Eleanor Rigby

That's awesome :slight_smile: You're lucky to have such a great friend.

4. Ianthe

Congrats! Update your out status: that's three, isn't it?

Accepting people are often hurt or offended that we don't think we can tell them. You shouldn't feel bad though. People react badly sometimes, and it's not always very predictable as to who it will be. I believe you are only out to two other people, one of whom asked you while the three of you were together--that is, you haven't just volunteered the information to anyone. So, just tell him that, and that you're really just coming to terms with it yourself, and you haven't talked about it with anyone. It's nothing personal about him.

5. straal1972

Thats great....what a great friend you have there.

6. Bibliophile

Yea the guy is the best friend I have made in a long time. On another note two of my other shipmates that I am cool with asked me if I was Gay or Bi at my going away party yesterday. Having had a lot to drink and downing Habu Sake I told them yes I was Bi. They fist bumped me and said more power to ya.....it was way less scary to start to open up then I thought.

7. InaRut

That's amazing!! YAY for happy coming out stories!

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I love when the people that you least expect to be supportive surprise you. Glad you have a friend like that! :slight_smile:

9. Prccgeek

"More power to you!" That is a great response. I am glad coming out is going so well for you!

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    happy dance

(!) (!!) (!)

11. BloodyRose3000

Oh wow, that was nice of them.