1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lying

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zontar, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Zontar

Have you ever lied when directly questioned whether or not you were gay?

2. Wolfy

Whenever I was asked if I wanted to be a guy when I was older, I'd always lie and say I didn't even though deep down I actually did.

3. nate16

yes on two occasions. so there was this kid in my class that both ended up doing the play and being in my gym class. In sophomore year, WHEN IN THE LOCKER ROOM changing, he asked me aloud. Thank goodness alot of blockheads were in there lol, but i lied and told him that he shouldn't go around asking people that question. I said how it's usually a bit invasive to do so.

4. Mr.Pushover

Unfortunately, yes. I had my reasons, though

5. ShebbsIsAwesome

yeah, my brother asked, but I don't lie anymore, I just smile/ignore them/new topic

6. I feel like shit about it, but yeah, I have for sure lied about being gay. Or kept my mouth shut when I shouldn't because I was scared of rejection. Or lied about my major or future career because it's closely related with the queer community.

I still steer around it a lot of times and then it makes my stomach feel like it's twisting. I really hate lying about it, so I try to be as open as possible, but it's hard.

7. ToTheCeilingFan

Yeah, I lied quite a bit before I came out of the closet (apparently I was exuding more lezziness than I realized...) but now I try to be honest. But thedreamwatch is write, it's seriously nerve-wracking to tell the truth.

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. RaRa

I'm pretty sure everyone has at least once...

10. MercuryLampe

Yes, I unfortunately lie to most everyone... No one has actually flat-out asked me, but when people start discussing things like how hot a guy is, I'll nod and pretend like I think he's hot too. Once, I almost got the courage to tell my friend, but then one scenario happened that made me not want to tell her:
    Me: *blush*
    Friend: Aww, you're blushing!
    Me: I blush easily... Gah!
    Friend: Haha, are you sure you're not just blushing because you find me fabulously good looking? ;D
    Me: I-
    Friend: Haha, just kidding! That would be so weird!
    Me: ..................yeah...

That was an "ouch" moment, haha.

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Multiple times. I got really freaking good at making people feel guilty about asking me though.

I'm just happy that now I can say yes and not care :slight_smile:

12. Shevanel

Technically, when I say no it's not lying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But anyway, I don't mention that I still like guys to most of the people who do ask (which end up being old creepy customers at work attempting to hit on me...). There have been other times, but it's only for guys who ask, and mainly guys who are gay or whatever and that may or may not "like" me. But that's a deep-rooted story I'm not getting into. xD

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no-one's ever asked me "are you bisexual?" or "are you straight?"

so i've never had to lie.

but i imagine i certainly would if i was in a situation with which i didn't feel comfortable.

14. Sanssouci

When I was 14 on holiday, my parents asked directly (half-jokingly, I think) and I think I said no, which I continue to regret because it could have all been over then.

15. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More times than I can count

16. JJ21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All the time, in fact I think people suspect things because they seem to avoid the topic now. Family in some sort of denial.

17. BasketCase

I don't ever remember being asked but up until a year or so ago I would have lied.

Now I want to be asked.

18. simon94

A lot. In fact most recently last week, someone was joking about how I have many characteristics of a stereotypical gay guy. The joke went on for a long time, until they were like.... dude.... are you sure you’re not gay? I lied then. I’ve been feeling pretty crappy about it since so I’ve made up my mind to come out to someone new very soon (not the person I lied to though...there might be a slightly smug ‘I told you so’ vibe from them, which isn’t something I can be bothered with).

19. Ralivar

I have lied on many occasions and to many different people both directly and indirectly. More often than not I've felt pretty crappy about it afterwards.

20. Ianthe

I haven't directly lied. I spent a long time not really knowing that I was gay, though, and after I finally really came out to myself, I came out to my friends and family within a couple of months. So there just wasn't a lot of opportunity.

I had known for a long time that there were women I was attracted to, and I actually told this to people. I said things like, "Oh, I would go out with a girl." Definitely, when asked about dating girls or sex with women, I gave positive responses about that being something I would do. However, no one thought I was serious. They thought I was just trying to be cool or something. (This despite the fact that I had never dated men. People just don't look at me and think "lesbian.")

When I was younger, though, I had male friends that I would have dated if they'd asked me, and I mistakenly believed that this was the same thing as "liking" them. It isn't really a lie when you genuinely believe it to be true.

Anyway, once in the time between when I came out to myself and when I came out to my dad, one of our family friends was asking me about my dating life, and I deflected the question. I thought it would be weird to tell her when I hadn't told my dad.

Other than that, no. But I'm lucky; there was no one that really needed lying to. (Clearly though, I was excellent at lying to myself...)