1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of coming outs

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Heyitsme, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two coming outs to post, one from a few days ago, and one from today.

Well the one a few days ago wasn't even intentional. From what I had known, my bestie had told one of our other friends that I was gay, and everything was cool between us. Well, a dance is coming up pretty soon, so he started trying to help find me a date (a girl, pretty much). I say, "**** told you that I'm gay, right?" and he says, "Oh, she meant gay gay? I thought she meant bisexual gay!" :bang: He's so lucky he's a friend, because only friends can say stupid things like that and get away with it :lol:

Then this morning, I sent a Facebook message to one of my good friends in my AP US History class. After hanging out all day, I got home to see his response. First of all, he was absolutely shocked (apparently, my gayness was only obvious to me :lol:slight_smile:. He then says that he doesn't support homosexuality, but he's still willing to be my friend. I'll take that :slight_smile:

I'm having both of them keep it secret for now (along with my best friends) until I tell my parents, which is really high on my to-do list. I know my parents are going to tell me not to tell anyone, but I think I'm gonna do it anyway; I just want them to know it's coming so that it doesn't just happen completely out of nowhere.

:icon_bigg

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Omg CONGRATS!!!!!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, srry to hear that your friend isn't supportive of gays :/, he'll probably change his mind afterwards though because I had something similar happen to me and my friend is very supportive now. I wish you all the best on coming out to your parents!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I honestly don't mind that he doesn't support homosexuality. I'm just looking for people to at least treat me and my sexuality with respect, which he is doing. He says that we're still "Calculus and AP History bros" and that he won't let his feelings affect our friendship, so I'm happy with how it went.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes :slight_smile:

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to those two friends :slight_smile:

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats on coming out! And ya, don't worry too much about your friend. Him respecting you is the most important thing right now :slight_smile:

6. GreyGirl08

Congrats! That's awesome! Your friend is hilarious! Saying "I don't support homosexuality" is like saying "I don't support black people!" or "I don't support horses. As far as I'm concerned they're just not real." LOL! In any case, everyone's right--the fact that he respects who you are and isn't running for the hills is paramount at this point. But maybe you could have the "being gay is not a choice" conversation with him at some point in the future; I think it would benefit him personally as well as your friendship. The best cure for ignorance is education.

Again, way to go, dude!

7. zerogravity

Thats funny that he doesnt "support" homosexuality. That actually sounds soooo homophobic, but its cool that you let it slide.