1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to one more person today!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MercuryLampe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MercuryLampe

...completely against my own will!! But...it felt good. ^_^

So, here's how the story went:

My friend and I were sitting in science class, talking nonsense as usual, and we started talking about who we both liked. I obviously couldn't say the truth without it being obvious that I'm gay, so I considered picking a guy at random to "like." Then I stopped myself, because I knew I could trust my friend, and she has several cousins who are also gay, and she loves those cousins to death, so I figured that she would be okay with it. So I told her that I'd tell her after class was over. It was also the end of school, so that worked out well, because the classroom emptied quickly. Finally it was just me and her, and I was about to tell her, but I was so nervous that I was almost shaking! It takes a lot more courage to come out to your straight friends than to fellow gay friends xD
    Anyway, so, to prepare myself and give myself more time to figure out what to say, I asked her to tell me who she liked first. She told me, I "awww-d," and then she badgered me until I blurted out my almost-girlfriend's name. She kinda stared at me for a second, then asked, "So...are you...?" I nodded, and she smiled. "Aww! We'll talk more later, if you want to, okay?" and she ran off to catch her bus.

I am so, so, so ecstatic that she responded so positively about it! I wish everyone was like that, so I could be all the way out of the closet! I suppose now that my total of people that I've outed to is...4, I could say that I have one toe inching out of the closet ;D
    I plan on coming out to my other two friends tomorrow, so that'll bring my total up to 6 ;P

Ahaha, sorry I've posted so much, I was just so happy I thought I'd share. ^_^

2. TheDarkerPoet

Aw, that's great that it went so well! Congrats hun :slight_smile:

And what's this about an almost-girlfriend?... Ooh la la! :wink:

3. Saikou7

Now that you've teased us, you have to tell xD

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm happy she reacted well!:thumbsup:

4. MercuryLampe

Thanks guys! <3 I'm really happy too~

Ahaha, what I meant was that we have a date tomorrow but we're not "official" yet ;o

5. straal1972

congrats....

6. MercuryLampe

Thanks! :grin:

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, since this one is still new, but I came out to another one of my friends today ^_^ Here's how our conversation went:

Friend: Soooo...who do you like?
    Me: ..........
    Friend: Whowhowhowhowho? (she proceeded to tickle me mercilessly)
    Me: Okay I'll tell you!
    Friend: Oooh yay!! Is he in this class? This school?
    Me: ......it's not a "he..."
    Friend: ..........huh?
    Me: I don't like a guy...
    Friend: Huh?? Ohh, wait... Do you mean...are you straight??
    Me: (I shook my head here.)
    Friend: Awww!! (hugs me) So, who do you like?
    Me: (tells her)
    Friend: AWWWW! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone! I promise! And that's adorable!
    Me: .....(yay!)

I'm so happy that these past few "coming-outs" have been so successful! It's making me a lot more confident and content with my orientation. My friends make me feel so happy inside <3