1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lilmantate96, Mar 26, 2011.

1. lilmantate96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to shorten this a LOT!

The first person I came out to was one of my best friends, who's name is Cathy. We were on the phone and I said to her, "Can I tell you something I think you deserve to know and i trust you with?" She said "What is it? You know you can tell me anything!" I responded with "Cathy, I'm gay" She basically said she was glad I told her and loved me even more for the strength of telling someone. She was also "honored" I told her first.

That was all the coming out I had for about 3 more months, when I came out to a few of my close friends, who are girls. They all basically said the same thing as Cathy.

I also told one of my out of state friends. (this will be needed information for the next part)

I was texting with my out of state friend, Dillon, talking about how I wish my parents knew. He asked if they would still love me if they knew. They had always told me they would love me no matter what, and neither my mom nor dad seems homophobic in ANY way. So I said what the hell and told them. I was trying to figure out the best way to do it when Dillon said "You should write it in a letter if you are going to have a hard time telling them." I quite liked that idea, so I wrote a lengthy letter, sealed it in an envelope, and hid it for the next morning.

I had it all planned. I was going to wake up, get ready for school, sneak the letter into my moms jewelry box and leave before they could read it, which would leave them the day to get the information processed, as it was pretty big.

Of coarse that is not how it worked. No sooner than I got to the bus stop (which is a good distance down the road) did my phone start ringing. It was my mom. So I answered. This is basically how the conversation went...

Me - Hello
    Mom - I got your letter. You need to come home so we can talk about this.
    [my thoughts were "Shit. Shes gonna hate me :'( ]
    Me -Ok......
    I hung up the phone

When I got home, I set my back pack on the chair next to the door and went downstairs and sat in the rocking chair, my parents on opposite couches. What they basically said was they loved me, and always would. And that they were happy as long as I was. They then asked me questions such as "How long have you felt this way?" "Have you ever done anything sexually with a guy?" Etc. Needless to say it was awkward. We have not said anything about it really since then.

I have since realized I am bi, not gay.

I would like to add here that I have danced for around 10 years, so I am around girls a LOT. So obviously I pick up on some of their habits. (the way they talk, the way they stand etc.)

I haven't actually told anyone else since my parents, well that's a lie. I have told a few people, but those are side stories that basically went "I'm bi" That's awesome" I mean there were more to them but that's a shortened version of them. But anyway, back to my point. It's just obvious I am bi. And I don't hide it. I am very proud of who I am and will admit to anyone what my sexual preference is if they choose to ask.

And just in case your wondering, I have found that with everyone I am around, if you embrace who you are and hold no shame in it, they don't tease you. I haven't been teased in well over 2 years about it because I simply don't care :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading this and have a GREAT day!

2. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

the first person I came out to i took them to the park and i told him to not tell anyone on threat of my life like I would take it(i really wouldnt) but i made him any way to make my point then I just beat around the bush a little and well blurted once he was fed up with trying to guess....he was bad at hints