1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally told a straight guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by alexi12, Mar 30, 2011.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

For some reason, telling a straight guy has been the hardest thing for me. But I told the first straight guy that I'm gay yesterday, and it went really well :slight_smile:. I think I'm done denying it, and that I am ready to tell people casually if it makes sense to say so.

Any random advice is welcome.. my close friends don't know, but I'm not worried about them too much (they are accepting). I just don't want them to think it is a big deal, so I think telling them all in like an announcement would be making it a big deal.

2. zerogravity

What did he say? was he weird about it? I dread telling my straight friends! They are always talking about girls and I have nothing to say. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's super awkward!!

I have a friend coming over from Europe in a couple of weeks and he is supposed to stay with me. Should I tell him before he comes or wait 'til after he arrives?

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Well, he was surprised, but he was totally fine with it. I happened to be on a choir trip and I was rooming with him. I really just met him this week, but we became decent friends. Honestly, I was sick of talking about girls so I told him.

I would wait until your friend arrives if you want to tell him in person. Maybe do like I did and see if he talks about girls, and then tell him what I told my friend.

4. zerogravity

Good idea! All he does is TALK ABOUT GIRLS! Girls girls girls.... What is it about straight guys and their obsession with girls? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I don't have to worry about if he is going to bring it up -it's gonna be in the first 10 minutes lol

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is it about gay guys and their obsession with guys?

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I had to, but it's true, gays obsess about guys just as much as str8s do about girls.

6. Ianthe

Gay people, however, do not assume that everyone is gay and talk to them as if they are. When a gay guy says that a guy is hot, he doesn't generally presume that someone whose sexuality is undetermined will agree with him, or even be able to relate.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats! Breeders aren't as scary as we might think!

I kid of course :wink:

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, you should be proud of yourself you've gotten over a big hill.

:eusa_clap

9. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

thanks everyone!