1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next steps in Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wolfy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Wolfy

So, I came out to my mom about 5 weeks ago, and have been in Therapy for about 5 weeks too.

I just recently cut my hair short or a medium boys length, and I ordered a binder online and it should get here in the next week or so.
    No one knows I'm Transgendered but a few close friends, but once I get a binder I think it will kind of be weird for some people to see me not wearing a sweatshirt and just a shirt. I mean, people have seen me without a sweatshirt on, but it's kind of obvious to knowing I'm female with it off. I do start Gym soon again too, which means I'll have to use the girls locker room, but with my short hair, and getting a binder, I think some people might be uncomfortable and I'm not comfortable in the female changing rooms either.

I'm still called in Female pronouns, and my birth name, but I want to change that by the end of the year and be fully out so when I start high school I can kind of be called by my male preferred name, and male pronouns.
    I know I should talk this over with my Therapist, but I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on coming out as Trans, and how to get a lot of people to know, and how I can get the school system to call me by the male name I want, and male pronouns.
    and yeah, stuff like that.