1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Prccgeek, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Prccgeek

I finally did it. After a year and a half of worrying about it, I had one of the most relaxed conversations of my life. I am living in a LGBT service house on campus next year and I told him so on the phone. And I said after that, "Well, I might as well tell you, but you probably already have guess, I am not totally straight." and he was so relaxed. I think he actually responded with "whatever." And then he said that everyone should just do what makes them happy in life as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And then we went on talking about other things. It was that simple. I feel so relieved now. I haven't felt this kind of wait lifted off my shoulders in a long time. I just feel so much better now that both of my parents know. (I told my mom around a year and a half ago.) Now I don't have to hide stuff him. I am super happy!

2. No One

Congratulation. Being out to someone you have been trying to come out to for a long time is a great feeling. I am so happy for you!(*hug*)

3. TheDarkerPoet

Congrats, glad he was accepting! He sounds like a good guy :slight_smile:

4. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

CAKE! and congrats!

5. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Good for you :slight_smile: must say, I'm a little jealous! My dad will never know about me because I'm positive his reaction won't be as calm as your dad's.