1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First family member!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lotty, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Lotty

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was a rainbow-coloured puzzle piece, but I didn't fit anywhere within the boring grey puzzle. I told my sister about it, and she started analyzing my dream. She said: 'You feel like you don't fit in the boring society where everyone is the same, and you want to fit in, but you just can't.' I was like 'yeah right.' But she wasn't done yet. 'Oh, and you're gay. You know, rainbow.' I just stared at her. My thoughts were going like tell her, tell her, tell her, she won't have a problem with it, she likes gays, just tell her. Well, there was a long silence, and she was looking at her nails, and then I said: 'Well, you're half right. About the rainbow thing.' She stared at me for a moment, then a huge grin spread across her face, she stood up and hugged me. She said: 'I knew it.' Then she asked if mom and dad already know, and I said no. She said that I should tell dad first, and I agree. My mom is great, but a bit less accepting. We talked about it for a long time, then she went to bed. She left my room, but five seconds later she came in again, hugged me again, and said: 'I'm so proud of you!!!' Then same thing, she left my room, five seconds later she came in again and said: 'Now I've got a gay brother and a gay sister!!!'(we kinda suspect that my brother might be gay (okay, he's 8, but he's not really acting like a straight 8-year-old. He's got a bit of a feminine personality))
    And then my mother got really angry because we were still awake, and it was already 1:30 AM.
    I really love my sister!!! She's the first one of my family I've told, and I'm planning on telling my dad soon.

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Good for you :slight_smile: I really wish it had been like this for me when I told a family member.

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm s ohappy for you that you have that kind of support! congrats on coming out to her!

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's cute. Congrats! Happy that you have a supporting sister on your side :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for telling your sister (*hug*) I am glad that she is supportive :slight_smile:

6. Foxywolf

Congratulations! It's so nice to have someone supportive on your side isn't it?

7. Enaithor

Congrats!!!
    Now if anything bad happens you and your sister can bust them in the face two time
    /chav

8. Ianthe

That's great! But I think your sister was completely right about your dream, and not only half. (Although the being gay is, of course, related to the "not fitting in" thing.)

9. Ralivar

Congrats. It's great that it went so well.