1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comming out advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Urman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Urman

Urman Guest

I wan't to come out to my faimly my mother but i dont know how to approch the situation i tried to once and i got nervouse and said forget it does anyone know a good way to do this?
    :help:
    ---------------- Now playing: Native Elements-Blue Skies GreySkies via FoxyTunes

2. SpikySpice

Well, coem out when you are totally ready, even if you are prepared 110%, it may come down to 50.

If it's too hard for you to come out by face-toface, try to write her a letter or an email, I have read lots of thread about peopel doing teh smae thing, and their coming out work really well:slight_smile:

So take your time, prepare your mind better, I think you dont ahve to think what you're gonan say, because you may forget, so just burst it out. Be sure to come out at the right time, when she or other people are in happy mood.

Be respected for any outcomes after you come out. And your mother and some peopel maybe shocked and suprised at 1st but they'll get better

3. Urman

Urman Guest

I know my mom will still love me but im worried of what she will think of me or how she will react.

4. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Believe me I was more worried about this than my own feelings as well, but my parents were pretty much like "why in the heck were you worrying about us?" haha But yeah, I totally agree w/ everything Spiky said. If you are completely ready to come out, then do it. If you feel like you can't say it out loud, write a letter. I did it and it worked out great. Good luck!:slight_smile:

5. Urman

Urman Guest

How will i know when the right time is and also what do i right do i come straight out and tell her or do i bs a little?

6. SpikySpice

Well, since your mom love syou, she will love you still dosent matter who you are or become, because you are her son, But it's hard and uneasy isnt it, but dont worry, she will love you still if she can understand you

Well, teh right time is when ever you feel ready, when she is in happy mood. Dont come to her and say you are gay. Pick a topic aroudn that and spin it, or you can also drop her some hints, you dont have to say youre gay in order for her to know you're gay

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  8. Urman

Urman Guest

9. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well all the best.

10. CelebrityHead

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Thank you for your support im still not sure im really nervouse

12. paul7836

dont rush yourself, theres a right time for everything. We are all rooting for ya.

13. Urman

Urman Guest

I don't think im ready now i just got in a big argument with my mom a few days ago so so im kinda depressed and im not felling well i went to the doctor and i have a bad ear infection and im having a hard time breathing at night.

14. biisme

i think it's a good idea to wait until you and your mom are totally OK with each other. and it might be a better idea to wait until you feel better because yuo might feel more patient and level-headed in explaining things to her if you don't feel like crap :slight_smile:

good luck!

15. Urman

Urman Guest

thanks idk what im going to do