1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost came out to my dad.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Foxywolf, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Well I had to ask permission to go to the day of silence rally tomorrow and I hate lying and I didn't know what to say to him. I ALMOST told him I was going to a gay alliance event. But I ended up just telling him I was going to a 'youth center' event for anti- bullying for the day of silence. Because he does not know what the day of silence is. I did tell him about breaking the silence and all that, but didn't go into specifics that it was a gay event.
    I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'll tell him the whole truth when I get back from the event?? I think he can handle it, it's just that my mom's not home at the moment and I am unsure about everything. Do you think I should tell him this weekend?

2. No One

If your comfortable with telling you dad, then I say go for it.

3. BettyBoopGuido

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    in my opinion, if you have to think about wether or not it's the right time, then maybe just maybe you are better off waiting...

4. Holmes

Not sure about that, I equivocated a little bit in the weeks before I atually came out. I knew I was going to do it that month, and wanted the right time. I'd almost say the opposite, if you think it might go ok, go for it. As long as you have no strong reason to feel it might be a bad idea.