1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Get Through?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SkyTears, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SkyTears

I've told only one of my friends so far that I'm gay but I've know for a long time (I'm a big scaried-e cat). At first he acted like just nothing happened and I was sure that he just didn't even know i said anything. About like six months later he asked if I was still gay so I guess he did hear me (big relief to me).

Aways! I should get to the point of what I wrote this for... So I'm finally ready to come out to a least one more of my friends but the thing is I have a group of friends that never goes somewhere without being in one big group. So I would like to tell her (if I could with the other person I've told already) but I can never seem to get the time where it is just us. I fear that if I wait to long I will not be able to get the courage to tell her later. If I do tell her I'm hoping that it helps me to tell other friends and so on until (hopefully) everyone knows.

Any ideas on how I can get just us so I can talk? [I don't really just like saying I need to talk to you alone (makes me feel weird)]:help:

2. biisme

is there any chace you could ask to go do something together, just the three of you, like maybe "last minute"? or perhaps you could tell her through another medium besides face to face. like maybe a letter?

3. CelebrityHead

You could ask her to go shopping with you one day, then you'd have heaps of time alone!

4. SkyTears

really good ideas...if I had the time. I still have school and I work and have 3 clubs I do with doesn't leave much time. I need some idea to pull her away that doesnt take like 3 hours from me :dry: But yeah thanks :icon_bigg

5. CelebrityHead

Do you go to school with her?

6. SkyTears

Yeah. I have 1-4 periods at my school and have 5-6 downtown in another for special computer classes. The only class I have with her is 4th before I leave but if I tell her at shool it would probably get overheard (it's a really big scool but everyone still knows each other)

7. 24601

It looks like you have AIM. Does she? I know it's not as personal, but either an IM or a phone call is almost guaranteed to be just the two of you. If you can't find the time elsewhere, I would suggest one of those two routes. In the end, the result is the same.

8. Shoshanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't really have a lot of expirience with this sort of thing, but I admire your courage

9. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    I usually just tell people
    "Hey, I need to talk to you about something later, okay?"
    And the person with respondes "Okay"
    If they ask what about then Ill just tell them " We can go away and talk now if you want but I rather tell you later."
    Notes are a bad way of telling someone.
    The note could be lost or dropped, someone will find it and blab.
    Happened to me..Thats why I use a journal for all my notes.
    Best way is by phone or no matter how uncomforating it might be, in person.