1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tricked? or Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ebra, Nov 3, 2007.

1. ebra

I am in love with one of my best and oldest girlfriends. I have told this to a number of my closest friends, to get some advice and support, and mostly just to be able to say it out loud, and that has gone well. so since being able to admit that i have feelings for said girl, i know am wondering, does having feeling for one person make me gay!? It is not girls in general. just one. but then the more i think about it, the more i realize that I am not opposed to other girls. just like being straight and in love i guess. If I only had eyes for one man because i was in love, I would question if i was straight, right?

2. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    If you are in love with your "best" and "oldest" girlfriend ( do you mean ex? or as in a friend? ), then it would be best to tell her so.
    You confused me on this part ", does having feeling for one person make me gay!? ".
    Having feelings for one girl does not make you "gay".
    Having feelings for ONLY girls does.
    Feelings for just one man?
    If you never had-or no longer have- feelings for men then why question your sexuality?
    Should it not be obvious?

3. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am in very same situation in liking best friend this way. I am not thinking I am gay. He is only man I am liking.

4. ALieToDieFor

Agian...If you LIKE the saem sex then it is possible you are either bisexual, gay or just going through that bi-curious phase.
    If you find yourself thinking about said guy all the time and not just what it would be like to have sex with another male then youre either bi/gay.

5. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Interesting! I am maybe Shidosexual? Hehe!

6. Ashabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The way I see it, being typically in love with men and one time a woman isn't gay, or even necessarily bisexual; there can be exceptions to every rule.

Maybe you're straight, maybe you're not. It might just be one of those things where you can speculate all you want, but in the end only time will tell... maybe it's a phase, maybe it's more than that.

I wish you and her both luck.

7. ALieToDieFor

That might have been funny...
    If i knew what shidosexual meant.
    :dry:

8. CelebrityHead

I don't think it's important to classify yourself as exclusively gay/straight/bi. Sexuality is not black and white, and this is just one example of the grey areas that exist inbetween.
    I guess if you see yourself as a straight female, then just accept this one exception as a rarity, deal with it as you see fit and move on.
    It's completely your choice whether to tell her that you have feelings for her, just as it is with any guy you've been attracted to lately.

Well, good luck with however you approach the situation :slight_smile:

9. Kibuki kid

Off main topic
    :roflmao:

Im pretty sure Shido is the guy he likes:lol:

Main topic

Well if your unsure about your sexualtiy only time will tell, this is just stage one of finding yourself, it happens differently to different people, gay or straight. No rules are set in stone, everything changes so all we can do is wait and see (We're here for you:thumbsup: )

#9 Kibuki kid, Nov 4, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  10. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes. Kibuki-san is correct.

I am agreeing with many person. Is giving word to self very important? I am knowing who I love. It is not mattering what any person is calling this. It is still love ne?

11. ebra

thanks guys. i guess it does kind of help. to elaborate a little more, since realizing that i am in love with her, i have been unable to bring myself to look at my boyfriend sexually, and i find that i have been thinking more and more about other girls, not just the one that ive had these feelings for.

she is one of my best friends. we have been pretty close since we were 14. actually, lol I have always had feelings for her, she was teh one that i always looked at and said, that if i were a lesbian i would want it to be with her.

She is gay. She didnt want to come out to me, because she was scared that i would judge her. now look at where things have gone. oh my.

12. ALieToDieFor

:roflmao:

13. ebra

thanks for that....lol

14. Louise

I'm not sure you need to label yourself, it is very constraining. Maybe there will be times in your life when you love a man, at others a woman. What does this make you?...

A person who is true to their heart and loves without worrying about gender. Does it matter to you if you are lesbian, straight or bi? Because we are talking about you here, no-one else and if it doesn't matter to you, if you are happy with who you are then labels don't matter. :kiss:

15. ebra

No, Thank you louise. It doesnt matter to me, I love who I love and I do what I will do. I guess it is just me worrying about what society will say, and i shouldnt do that. Who knows what I am, I guess time will tell, for right now, I am just smitten. lol :grin:

16. Astaroth

Not sure if this will help, but when I first came out, I was actually engaged to a girl at the time (I was 18 at the time). Although I now consider myself gay, I really did have strong feelings for her, or at least they were strong enough that I considered marriage. :lol: However, after I came out, we became friends instead and things have been fine since. Does loving a female make me straight or bi? In my mind, no. I think I was more attracted to her personality and similar life experiences than anything else. And in my humble opinion, that's often the foundation of most stable relationships. Do you like this girl because she's pretty? Or because she's a kindred soul?

17. ebra

its not because she is pretty. I have loved her for so long because of who she is, before i was even comfortable with the idea of anything sexual. that came later.