1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tomorrow i'm going to come out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

just to say that tomorrow i'm hoping to come out to one of my best friends. she's not in my year but i walk to school and back with her every day, and we're very close. i have wanted to talk to her about it for ages, but i was unsure of myself, or of what she would say, or too tired, or she was doing something else. now i definately think that i will tell her tomorrow. i have already come out to a few of my friends so it shouldn't be too hard.

this is really a precursor to talking to my parents about it. i'm not ready to tell them yet, but telling her will be a step towards being ready. *grits teeth* i'll tell you all how it goes tomorrow.

2. biisme

you have a lot of courage, way to go! i hope it goes well and i wish u the best of luck!! be sure to tell us how it goes. we want to make sure everything went well.

3. xequar

Best of luck!

4. Kibuki kid

Hope everything goes well:thumbsup:

5. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I wish you all the best! I'm sure everything will work out great.

6. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good luck with telling her and I hope it turns out well!

7. Ashabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good luck!!

8. Louise

Good luck telling your friend.

I think it is a good plan to tell your friends, get some support and backing then tell your parents, you might feel less alone that way.

Anyway, hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

9. Ty

Ty Guest

good luck =]

10. Jim1454

Good luck! *holds breath waiting to hear how it goes...*

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i did it! and it went so well (!)

she was really suprised, but totally supportive. she said it was cool and exciting to have a gay/bi friend ^_^ lol we talked about it a bit and she had some interesting things to say. the main thing was, she was just totally positive about it. she even said she was admiring i was so gutsy as to tell her, etc. it was like a dream repsonse :icon_bigg

it was funny - in the morning we talked about something else and i didn't have the courage to tell her, but i said that there was something i needed to tell her later. so i did it in the afternoon instead. another thing was that i have this real problem saying things sometimes; i stand there like a gimp and just go umm...errr... eek for literally about half an hour (literally. no kidding). but this time i just said it. and it turned out so well!! when i got home i was grinning from ear to ear. it just felt so good to have it released and to have got such a positive response :grin:

i still don't know when i will tell my parents. probably not for a while. and i still don't know how they will react. but this just feels so liberating :lol: *happy happy happy* we are very good friends and i hated the barrier between us when she didn't know.:lol:

eh.. still really drugged up on happiness :thewave:

12. Astaroth

That's great to hear! I'm glad it went so well for you, and it's great that you've got such an openminded friend. As for telling your parents, try not to feel pressured to come out to them until you're 100% ready. Just wait until the time is right for you when you feel most comfortable. Again, congrats!

13. xequar

Hooray! I'm glad it worked out for you!

14. biisme

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so courageous!

15. Jim1454

That's awesome!!! *finally exhales!*

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations! I'm so happy it worked out well for you! This person is a TRUE friend!

17. JSG

JSG Guest

lol @ Jim :grin:

I'm glad it all went well, I love the kind of 'high' you get from coming out at first.

18. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Yay! So happy for you!

19. Psychedelic Bookmarks

thanks everyone :icon_bigg the best thing is that i really feel i can talk about it with her now, and if i ever change my mind or something i know i can discuss it with her. and no matter how good all you folk are, it's always special to have someone in the flesh who you've known for longer to talk to.

also, i was kinda lol when she said she had no idea. do other people find this? it seems really obvious to you that you must look gay and everyone must have guessed, but when you actually tell someone they say they're really shocked? i wonder whether it will be the same when i eventually tell my parents...:rolleyes: