1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out to my cousin.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheWanderer, May 2, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

Hi everyone, long time since I have been around but, I have some recent news. I recently told my cousin about my sexual preference. Him and I are really close and the initial reaction was very positive. However, since coming out he won't return any of my phone calls or texts. Which is extremely unusual. I really don't want to make a big fuss about it but now Im concerned that the initial reaction was only in the moment. That and I worry that he might slip and tell his family. Sooo risk of being outed I dont know if I should go on damage control or let it ride. Feedback on any of this would be great, I feel like a scared little boy :frowning2:

oooo also I have been using less and less of the gender neutral terms at work in regard to dating and the like and havent gotten any rotten comments thus far so thats cool i suppose...

Anyhow thanks in advance.

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    maybe he just needs some time to get used to it. I mean, even though it isn't new to you, it's brand new to him. The risk of being outed is scary, but try not to think about all the "what ifs". If you really feel like he might say something, maybe try telling him (if you can get him to meet you in person or call you back-I wouldn't do a text) how important it is that what you told him was something you expect to stay between the two of you.

3. straal1972

Even though accepted you and didn't do anything violent/wierd/funny, he needs some time to process this. You could try leaving him a light hearted message to the effect that he seems to be avoiding you, was it because you got that new haircut (or whatever).

4. TheWanderer

im hoping maybe he is just unusually busy.

And I did get a new haircut, are you watching me????? lol i see what your saying tho