1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by wondering, May 9, 2011.

1. wondering

Out Status:
    A few people
    So. I am a girl and currently sixteen, and not sure if I am gay or straight or bi or what. I was at a party last weekend (with all of my gay friends) and said something about how it sucked that all the hot guys were gay. The best-looking guy in the room yelled "No! I'm bi!" Without even thinking, I yelled "ME TOO!" and we high-fived. I have always been into guys, and for the past year I've sort of felt that I'm into girls as well.

Your thoughts?

2. ToTheCeilingFan

Hey grrrl, welcome to EC! It's totally fine if you don't know what you are yet, some people know from day one and others spend most of their lives trying to figure it out. Sexuality may develop or fluctuate with time, so don't worry if you're not quite sure yet. The way I see it, you like who you like and for some people that's mostly girls and for others that's mostly guys and some people like both. From your comment about hot guys, I'm guessing you're probably somewhat attracted to the opposite sex, but who knows? The point is, you've got time to figure it out. <3

3. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Give yourself time to figure it all out- there's nothing wrong with being unsure, even though you probably feel like you need to have a label. Only you know who you're attracted to, its up to you to sort out your feelings.

4. wondering

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much guys! :slight_smile:

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Sexuality is complicated so try not to think too much about it. All you need to do is that whatever you turn out being it doesn't matter at all. If you are starting to maybe like girls then I say go for it. You might find out that you don't or that you do, but at least you find out.

Have you heard about the Kinsey Scale before? It explains that sexuality is fluid and might help you out. I know it helped me understand it a little bit better :slight_smile:

6. addie88

that's a great way to come out, i wish that would happen for me. lol.

but yeah, i'm kinda going through the same thing, only i'm pretty positive that i am most definitely not straight. it's confusing...and can often be a long process...so whatever floats your boat, take life as it comes :slight_smile: