1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rmasonf3, May 9, 2011.

1. rmasonf3

rmasonf3 Guest

Well, today started like any day.
    I got up, ate breakfast, and headed off to school.
    The school day went by normally as well.
    Then after school I took a walk with my good friend.
    After taking the walk I got to thinking about
    coming out of the closet (I had been plotting this
    for a long time) and while texting the good friend
    mentioned above, and painting, I some how conjured
    up the guts to tell my friend I was gay, of course,
    after a long and pointless "guessing game".

The moment after I came out I felt really nervous and
    felt a huge amount of regret. But the more I think about
    it the more I'm coming to accept it, note, the actual
    "I'm gay" text was sent only 30 minutes ago!

2. suninthesky

Congrats for being so brave!

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i came out to 2 great frirnds of mine (seriously..i treat them as sisters) i was like SUPER nervous..but in the end i felt REALLY good! and the days that went by i felt like a new person...a free person, i was very happy, very "gay" xD, but i'm bi :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i mean gay as happy uhm i guess you got it lol

anyway, tell us how it goes!
    and welcome ^^ i joined today too.

4. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    I know how hard it was for me to tell my best friend- definitely give yourself props for having the courage to come out to someone. Good for you :slight_smile:

5. rmasonf3

rmasonf3 Guest

Thanks for all the support :slight_smile:
    The hard part is done, but now the harder part,
    coming out to conservative republican parents... :frowning2:

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome to EC! It's great that you've joined. If you look around, you might be surprised at how open and accepting other people's conservative, republican, and/or religious parents have been. It definitely takes some time for most to accept it, but ultimately, for the overwhelming majority of parents, their love for their child outweighs their religious or political beliefs.

I hope you'll stick around and continue to share your experiences with with us. Feel free to ask any questions or discuss anything you need help with.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Congrats on having the courage to finally come out. Hope things go well :slight_smile:

Like chip said, most parents always come through with time. My family is pretty conservative, but they also came through at the end. Give your parents a chance :slight_smile:

8. rmasonf3

rmasonf3 Guest

I think I'll take things slow for now :slight_smile:
    But I plan on saying yes if someone straight up
    asks me if I'm gay :slight_smile:

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. And welcome to the other side. Life kicks ass over here. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. Lotty

Heyhey!!
    Welcome on EC, and congrats of peeking through that closet door. And taking the first careful steps outside.
    I have good news for you: coming out only gets easier. The first time is the worst, then it gets easier everytime. I wasn't nervous telling my sister (after telling several friends), and just a little bit telling my parents. But hey, they're my parents.
    See you on the outside
    XOXO
    (*hug*)

11. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thaatttt wasss cuteeee xD

12. EM68

Congrats on coming out! The first on is the hardest.

13. rmasonf3

rmasonf3 Guest

(Sorry for the awful grammar, I sort of just wrote it as I remembered it)

Well, it's been a while since a first posted this and since then I have come out to one more person :grin:
    This particular person is a boy (also gay, also closeted, but less closeted than me... let's just say he's farther on his journey to being open about being gay than I am)
    I've known this guy since elementary school (i'm currently a junior in highschool), and we haven't talked in years.
    Sooo we were Facebook friends for a while and one day I decided I would do the little Facebook chat thing with him. Sadly, I sent my cautious "Hey!" and received no response....
    The next day I got on Facebook and noticed he had sent me a message apologizing for not responding, we then had a short conversation which led to us playing a few online games together and then texting for the following few days.
    Our occasional texting led to sort of a date (even though he didn't know I was gay.. he however was out on Facebook)
    We decided to see a movie on the weekend. So on that Saturday I drove up to the movie theater and waited for him. After waiting a few minutes, him and his parents awkwardly approached me. This was not only awkward because of his parents but also because... well.. i'm not the tallest kid in town, i'm about 5'4 and he was probably 5'10ish..
    So we went and got tickets to see "Water for Elephants" and he sweetly paid for both of our tickets. We didn't get any refreshment and went straight to the movie. The audience consisted of me, him, and a few elderly couples...
    All throughout the movie (especially during the emotional scenes) I wanted to do the unthinkable and hold his hand.. but i couldn't build up the courage to do so :frowning2:
    After the movie we went to my car and talked for a long time, he put on my sunglasses I had sitting in the car and we drove around town just talking, joking, and being kids.
    As we drove around aimlessly, we somehow got on the gay topic, this led to me coming out to him while "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga ironically played on the radio.
    He said he had a feeling I was gay because of my obvious Lady Gaga obsession. This conversation went on forever and we talked about all the aspects of coming out, reactions, parents, etc.
    Well, after that we drove to Walmart where is parents were (he had come from out of town). We walked around with this parents for a while (very awkward).
    Finally, we walked out to the parking lot where he left with his parents and I drove home. :slight_smile:

We haven't talked all that much since then :\ but i'm really hoping this rekindled friendship will become something more :slight_smile:

14. HantsBen

Thats a brilliant story and I wish you all the best for this friendship :slight_smile: