1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out, then in, now back out again....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rolo, May 12, 2011.

1. Rolo

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    is it just me or does that title sound like something else........:grin: if so, it was unintended!

Anyway, I guess Ill write something- have to start somewhere dont ya!

As you may have seen, I do consider myself an asexual. A homoromantic one in fact- incase youre wondering, put simply its like being gay but with no sexual attraction, i just like guys in a physical attraction sense.

Coming out as an asexual was pretty difficult, I did at one point think i was gay so told people i was that, but after realising i wasnt, i fully came out as an ace after denying that i said anything. (hence the title! haha)
    telling people i didnt want sex or anything like that confused a lot of people, i have to say that when i told people i was gay they wernt so shocked. Not many people have heard of asexuality-not even some of my college tutors! So most the time i get asked lots of questions and have to do some explaining. I have no problems telling people about it, infact i like to-can be a bit iffy at times, but i guess i like the thrill of the reactions!

Anyway, i dont know what the moral of my story is, but i guess i just wanted to share my respect for evryone that has gone through the confusion, worry and everything else associated with coming to terms with sexuality and coming out! I think that what i can say is that there is no rush to come out, you will know when you are ready i guess, and that if you are confused or questioning-there is loads of stuff out there that can support you through it-so for those that havent-dont worry, for those that have- whey!

:icon_bigg

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well everyone has different levels of sexuality, or lack there of for some people, I would imagine that each has it owns levels of self acceptance and understanding, as well as the coming out process, but in the end the thing that's important is being true to yourself and doing what will make you happy. you might have some trouble finding men interested in nonsexual relationships, but I know a few who are in ones, and for a great variety reasons; so it's certainly not impossible. I wish you all the best of luck in finding someone to share your life with. :slight_smile:

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Asexuality is really something very hard to understand, but i respect it.

I guess the fact that i haven't made many researches on it makes me understand less than i could understand because its such a rare case.

Thats good you'r good with yourself, so live your life and i hope you find someone!

4. kurti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done. I have an asexual friend, and i never found it a hard concept to grasp at all. She can tell when men or women are attractive, but i guess she doesn't have that sexual component to it.