1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my mom! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sngl, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So.....last week I was home for a whole week and since I'd been wanting to come out to my mom for some time now, I decided to finally do it.

Friday evening she was watching TV and it was just the 2 of us in the house so I sat next to her and said there's something I have to tell her. She felt it was something serious because I was very nervous so she began by saying that I don't have to worry, I can tell her anything, no matter what it is, it doesn't change anything!

So I was trying to let her know in some way that I'm gay, but I just couldn't say it!!! Even though this was my third coming out, it was extremely hard, despite the fact that she seemed to be supportive. I just felt that it would be a huge disappointment for her if she found out...so for the next two hours I was trying to somehow say it but eventually ended up writing it down on a note and giving it to her :confused: After she read it she just asked "are you sure?" then I said "I'm very sure". Then she smiled and said "Oh, it's no big deal!!" and gave me a huge hug and said that it was OK if I felt this way and that it is just a part of life! (!) WOW, I was really amazed by her reaction! She said that she didn't suspect it at all!!

Then we talked a couple of days later and she said that although she would accept me if I were gay, she doesn't think that I should decide yet (even though I told her it was not a decision and that I felt like this my whole life)...so she's not in denial but she thinks I might be confused. I'll just have to give her time I guess...but I'm quite happy with the current situation! This was a huge deal for me because I'd been feeling bad about hiding this from her. But now that's solved :icon_bigg

So I'd like to thank everyone at EC for sharing your coming out stories and for your support, because that's what made this possible!! (&&&)

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Whoohoo! Another one out of the closet. It's great your mom is so supportive! Congratulations!

3. Astaroth

I'm very happy for you that things went so well! (!) I can only hope my mom will take it half so well.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

wow that sounds pretty good! :eusa_clap congrats for telling her!! that thing with the note is *exactly* the kind of thing i do. i know exactly how u feel about the not being able to say it. but well done for being do brave! hopefully, if u give her some time, she will see that at ur age u aren't confused or whatever, and will fully accept u. anyway, way to go!!!

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

congrats,always super hard to tell your mother

6. Sam

Sam

Wow congrats! I'm glad your mom is supportive.

7. Bryan

Wow !! sounds good. Isnt it amazing that they dont suspect it? My mom didnt, and I was shocked, because it is really obvious.

8. Louise

Yey, good for you, I'm really pleased at your mum's reaction. She is a lovely lady (!)

9. Torture

Torture Guest

Congrats dude! (!)

10. Ashabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow! That's great, she handled it really well!

11. TriBi

Hey - it all sounds good :grin: - well done!

12. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a great reaction! When my sisters ask my mom about me she just replies, "A mother knows. It's no big deal." She's funny, because she told me she wasn't sure. Well, YAY for you!