1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced Coming Out :p

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ToTheCeilingFan, May 17, 2011.

1. ToTheCeilingFan

So I'm pretty much out to everyone at school and all of my close family, but I've been nervous about coming out to extended family and my one group of homeschooled friend who I've known forever. Basically, I decided in 10th grade that I needed to be out and I went into the second semester of sophomore year completely open about my sexuality. But my homeschooled friends--I've known them forever and I've listened to the girls talk about their crushes and talked about my own crushes as well without specifying that they were about girls--so basically I've been lying to them for 5 years ever since I figured it out.
    Anywhoodles, last summer I was at the pool with the homeschooled group and I met the sweetest guy and played ping-pong with him, but I never caught his last name and I wanted to friend him on facebook because he was so nice and seemed like a genuinely fun person. I asked one of my friends who knew the guy what his last name was, which the friend (let's call him M) interpreted as me being interested in the guy. So just last week I was talking to M and he brought up pool-boy and I just kind of laughed it off because I had totally forgotten about it. Well, it turns out M finally got the guy's name after like a year and told him that I was interested in him. He has now friended me on facebook and is messaging me in a very sweet, somewhat flirtatious way. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    So basically I have to come out to the homeschoolers, it's getting too complicated. I just sent M a facebook message asking him to check my information (I have "interested in women" on my page, but no one ever looks at that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and that's that. Hoping that they will accept me and not judge me for basically lying to them for five years.

2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You didn't lie if they haven't asked, lol.

I was asked some times if i was gay, and i said no. But i am not Gay, iam Bi, so...i wasn't lying xD, i love doing that...

and Yeah! thats pretty awesome, good luck with the progress =]

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Are you gay? No I'm not (happy).

4. TheL

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Heh, my favorite response to the gay question is "No, I'm (name)." Really, a straight person doesn't to go around saying "I'm straight, I'm straight," so why should someone, who is not straight, have to go around shouting their sexual preference?

5. No One

This is something I completely agree with. I have been open about my sexuality for a long time, but I still havent gone all facebook status crazy about it, or shouting it to the world. I see absolutely no reason to. Being gay is PART of me, it's not who I am.

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Yeah I agree with those posts. I try to find the balence between advertising it and completely hiding it.

7. Hot Pink

I personally think it's dangerous to go around telling everyone. I sometimes tell people who ask now, if we get along. I won't just tell some random guy off the street because it's personal.

8. BlueAngel444717

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What do you mean you love doing that? lmao. yes you are gay. Your bi also. But by saying your bi also means your part gay. You see what im saying? no offense or anything. just saying :slight_smile:

9. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I think it is just a clever play on words