1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Down, The Rest Of The World To Go

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MonsieurGodiva, Nov 7, 2007.

1. So I did it. I told my best friend and it was the scariest f:***:king thing I've ever done in my life. Like, ever. And I've been the Autobahn before.

Basically, we were chatting on IM and she brings up the subject of feeling depressed. Without any prompting from me, she goes on a huge spiel about how she once attempted suicide a while back via trying to slit her wrists.

This was a shock to me; while I know that she has problems with depression and she was being medicated for it, but I never thought in a million years she'd make an attempt to take her own life. Instantly, I began spewing questions and consolement at her. But then I shared a little too much. I opened my fat mouth about how I know what it's like to want to die, which signaled that it was her turn to hurl questions in my general direction. Knowing that there was no way to change the subject, I answered them the best I could.

"Two years ago."

"I tried to OD on aspirin."

"No, I've come to accept myself so I don't feel the need to do something as foolish as that again."

But then she posed a difficult question and then I knew that I would have to come out to her.

"I don't know why I did it. It seemed like my only option at the time. I didn't want to face a life where I had no friends or family or even dignity. ‘Cause I'm gay."

She was very terse with me after that, saying things like, “I see…”. I thought it was because she might've been uncomfortable or something. But then she came out to me as bi and I realize that she was trying to find the right wording for what she was trying to say. Of course, she also told me that she suspected that I’m gay.

I think everything's fine between us now that everything’s out in the open. I told her that I knew I was gay when I was 14, the night after she kissed me and now she blames herself for "turning my gay". Ha! :rolleyes:

#1 MonsieurGodiva, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  2. biisme

congratulations!!! it sounds lik it went really well. i'm so happy for you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3. Congrats!! I'm so glad you had good results :grin:

4. SkyTears

sounds like you made a bad spot good for you both, yayness!

5. Bryan

Well, YOURE OUT!!! COngrats!

6. Aw, thanks everybody! (*hug*)

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations, I'm happy it went well and hopefully you and your friend will have no more suicidal thoughts.

8. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes!!! Coming out is great!! But I know what you mean .... my first coming out was one of the (if not THE) hardest and scariest things I've ever done....

But congrats!!! :eusa_clap I'm happy for you :slight_smile:

9. JSG

JSG Guest

Excellent coming out story !!

10. BlasttheCloset

That is so great. Really, I am happy that you got such a good reaction. Good luck getting the same from whoever else you come out to.