1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by aceofnoise23, May 21, 2011.

1. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, my first coming out. Just happened about an hour ago, too. So here's what happened:

So I was having a little house party with some friends. All of the guys were gone and my two best female friends were still there. We were talking about relationships and stuff, and I started to say that I was gay about 10 times, but I just couldn't do it. That whole night I was saying that I was gay in a joking way in an attempt to make it as obvious as I could without actually saying it.

Anyway, after the one girl left, it was just me and possibly my closest friends. She said it was "secret time" and quickly told me something about one of her exes that was irrelevant and sort of already suspected. After guessing a few times at my secret, mostly asking if I liked such and such girl or whatever, I finally said it with my head on her leg. I quickly turned my face and said straight to her, "I'm gay." She was shocked. She was so happy (I was her first gay friend) and she told me that she felt so special that I told her first.

I quickly told her that I wouldn't go shopping with her or do those other stereotypically gay things. My sexuality will NOT define me. I couldn't help but feel so relieved. I feel so good right now. I have butterflies in my stomach and it feels so good. It's all thanks to you guys. (*hug*)

2. Ecap1

Yay! Congrats man! I wish I was as brave as you when I was 14. Glad it went well for you :slight_smile:!

3. Raeil

That is fantastic, Ace! When I was 14 I was still repressing my sexuality, so I am extremely happy for you to not only have accepted yourself, but to also have started the coming out process!

That whole butterflies feeling? Yeah, it'll be there for a while! Only after my 10th person did those even start to not be there as badly, and I guarantee they'll return when I tell my parents. Still, the feeling of freedom is totally worth it! Congrats, again! :slight_smile:

4. rangerfan

Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrats man, at 14 I couldn't do it, don't worry its gets so much easier after you just tell one person. I am very happy for you

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Thats awesome! :slight_smile:

Glad you have a friend that is there for you

6. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

Well done :grin:! It's really good how proud you are of yourself at 14 - I'm the same age and nothing like you.

And yeah, the butterflies will stay for a while, they come back everytime you tell someone new!

7. borntosurvive

I cried when I told my first friend. I was so nervous that she wouldn't want to be my friend or anything anymore. It made us a lot closer honestly, she's still my best friend.

Good job! I couldn't have done that at fourteen! I'm still barely able to do it at sixteen.

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great job, man, and your friend's response was fantastic :thumbsup:

It seems like hardly anyone of college age and younger get negative reactions to coming out. That's really great to hear. I can't wait until all of you younger people are old enough to vote so we can get rid of the GLBT discrimination once and for all.

And don't worry, if you feel like shopping or whatever, go ahead. It doesn't mean you're doing it because you're gay. If you didn't mind shopping before you came out when you need/want to get something, nothing has to change in that or any other area. Feel free to be yourself and do what you like w/o fear of others thinking it would be "gay" to do something, because, hey, you are gay.

I think you have a great future ahead of you :icon_bigg