1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed the Facebook Status

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by steel03, May 22, 2011.

1. steel03

Finally... I've been out to anyone who asks for a couple months (not that anyone has asked) and most people important to me already know, but I haven't told anyone from my high school yet and there are a few big people in my life who still don't know. So I have sort of been feeling like I should hold off on this for a little while, but then today, I was on Facebook and I just thought there's no good reason to hide anymore. Any awkwardness this causes will be (1) short-lived, (2) helpful in the long run, and (3) not on my end. People can react however they want; that doesn't dictate how I live. And anyway, people don't usually check that, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
    Anyhow, just thought I'd let y'all know I took this step. :slight_smile:

2. borntosurvive

Good job! That's a huge step! I wish I had the courage to do what you did!

3. addie88

awesome. i think i'm going to do this soon. congrats!

4. TheWanderer

YAY!!! for FB status.. lol I havent changed mine yet cause I still eed to tell a few key people first.. Congrats to you though.

5. Jaason

Congrats! It's a big step but you're probably right about its bringing more benefits in the long run :slight_smile: