1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Solved?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by borntosurvive, May 23, 2011.

1. borntosurvive

So, a couple of days ago a good friend of mine told me she had a crush on me. I've spent the past several days trying to come up with a way to tell her I'm not interested without hurting her feelings and so I settled on just being honest and coming out to her. I invited her to go to lunch with me, and after we had eaten and were just talking I decided to just casually slip it into the conversation and tell her that I'm gay and not interested in dating her. She just gave me a funny look and didn't really have any questions and just changed the topic after that. I feel like the problem's solved, but I don't know how to gauge her reaction...

2. She's probably just upset. She likely had this image of what it could be like if you two were together. Not only are you not interested (which she probably thought could change) but also you're gay. That's the final door slamming shut in her face. It's not your fault, but she's probably hurting. Maybe just give it some time. If you do want to ask her about it, maybe do it gently.