1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friends mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dumbblondedoe, Jun 5, 2011.

1. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well im 21 i lived with my friend and her family when i was 17, i lived with them for about 2 years. I always looked up to her mom as my mom. Ive always called her mom n stuff. Well me and my gf decided on a date to get our civil union. I seen she was on face book and i told her there was something i have been wanting to tell he rfor a long time now and i told her im a lesbian and me and my gf were getting married. She said FYI...I knew it:slight_smile: and that as long as i am happy and my 2 year old son is happy then shes happy and she loves me no matter what! now the only ones i need to come out to are my actual paerents.....that may take a while.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friend's mom. That's awesome. :slight_smile: Hopefully, you will get a similar if not the same response from your parents, when you decide to come out to them.

3. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks Mirko, i dont think ima be as lucky with my parents, there extremely homophobic.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. How do you feel about coming out to them? (*hug*)

5. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nervous my father is Extremely homophobic. He thinks that gay people should all be cast off to there own perverted island. Whenever he sees to people of the same sex out in public he yells mean things at them. It is quite embarrassing to be around. I dont think he is giong to take it to well at all. I will probably get disowned.

6. Foxywolf

Aww, well hopefully it won't be that bad with your parents :frowning2: But good job in coming out to your 'second mom.'

7. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, im keeping my fingers crossed, i am still undecided upon how to do it. i mean my dad is a genuine hard headed cocky hardass. i mean hes a really tough n set in his ways. Hes a big guy matter of fact he is a marine and actually guarded the president of the US at one point during the Vietnam war. So it is beyond me how to work up the guts to tell him without him resenting me.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2011 at 11:51 PM ----------

well i should say was a marine lol he did his four years n honorably discharged

8. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your dad is extremely homophobic. (*hug*)

It is possible that when you do come out to him that he will take some time to adjust and to come around to it. The hope in here is that your dad will eventually come around, and can shake off some of his tough-macho image. Given how your dad has reacted in the past when coming across LGBT people, maybe go with a letter and try to explain to him everything you want him to know.

9. Grottodude

Congratulations! The feeling of coming out is certainly an uplifting one, eh? Also, I'm sorry to hear your dad is like that. :S