1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hemera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hemera

So I've had (emphasis on had) a girlfriend for a while, everyone thought that she was just a friend. I knew that I needed to tell someone because I needed someone to talk to if the relationship went south.
    I had a hard time telling myself, letting myself know that I also liked girls and when I got into a relationship I still wasn't sure, she helped me become at peace with what I felt.
    I pulled her aside, saying I wanted to tell her something, she nodded and motioned for me to continue. I opened my mouth and shook my head. She gave me a hug, "tell me" Biting my lip I looked at her, "I have a girlfriend" I sighed relieved. She smiled, "So do I but don't tell anyone." I nodded laughing. I was happy to let someone know. I didn't know that she 'played for that team' she never seemed like the type.
    For me it was complete relief that I now knew that I wasn't alone in that school

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is such great news!!! :slight_smile: lol. I dont think you could've hoped for a better outcome! Congrats! :grin:

3. Jaason

Congrats! That's a really surprising result :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm sorry about your girlfriend, but I'm glad there was someone supportive to talk to :slight_smile:

4. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome!!!!

5. highlights

Sorry to hear about your ex, but it's so great that you have someone to talk to now! Well done :grin:

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's really awesome! Love coming out like that haha

7. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay