1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just keep on coming out to people... Yay!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Foxywolf, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Well I am really excited for myself. I just keep coming out to people! I really am getting braver!
    I came out to my favorite teacher via letter and she was really supportive :slight_smile:
    And yesterday I came out to three people at a pool party, one who I already knew was gay, and one of the others turned out to be bi and the third girl was straight. But they were all really good too - actually they were excited!
    It just feels so good to come out to people :slight_smile: it is so freeing, i think I am ready to be out completely in college. I have the confidence that I did not have in high school, so i hope to be completely out!
    Now all I need to do is come out to my sister and dad :bang: the funny thing is I am ready for them to know but am not sure how I should go about telling them.:confused:

2. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)Well congrats on your coming out! If only I was as courageous as you! Good luck on being completely out in college!:icon_bigg

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far! Well done! :slight_smile:

As for coming out to your dad and sister, maybe take your sister for lunch or for a coffee. As for your dad, if you feel that his reaction will be positive, maybe try finding a good time, for example of the weekend, when you can sit down with him and try coming out to him. Maybe talk with your mom too, and ask her what she would suggest.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats! Really awesome that you have felt comfortable enough to keep on telling people! :slight_smile:

Mirko gave some pretty good suggestions for your dad and sis. The only thing that I can say is to tell them however you feel more comfortable doing it. The how really doesn't much either way :slight_smile:

5. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your teacher and your friends (*hug*) I'm glad that you're happy about it.
    Let us know how things are going with your dad and sister.
    (*hug*) Cécile

6. Way to go :thumbsup: It's great that you are becoming braver, I suppose every "successful" coming out gives you courage for the next one.
    Good luck on talking to your dad and sister!

7. Foxywolf

Yeah, thanks for the suggestions. I might actually end up watching a movie with my sister to help me come out. Is DEBS a good choice of a coming out movie? Any other suggestions?

8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations on all the coming out and positive responses :slight_smile:

I hope it goes well with your sister and dad. The advice given sounds good to me.