1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here I go!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lost, Apr 9, 2006.

1. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I have just had a lengthy conversation with my best female friend who asked whether I needed someone to talk to about my depression and so I have arranged to meet her on Tuesday. :sunglasses:

I trust her and I have a couple of other things to talk to her about, should I do them first or after or not at all?

Anyway - I have made my decision, she knows I want to talk to her and so I cannot back out now. I hope. I am ready to step out of the closet and accept who I am.

I will of course post back here on Tuesday afternoon, if all goes well - and if it doesn't I will definitely post back here.

Will

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Will!

If possible I think you should come out to her first. Otherwise there is a chance that you will both end up discussing the other stuff and won't get around to this. From my failed attempts when I came out it was easy to settle into the comfort of talking about something less awkward, and the only way to do it was to get to the point straight away.

It also gives you something else to talk about afterwards if there are awkward silences. She may need a bit of time to take the news in, so another subject for half an hour AFTER the main event could be useful. You may want to try to get back to the main subject after a little while though.

What time are you meeting her? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (not literally though as it's difficult to use a mouse that way....). Good luck with this. It sounds like you have chosen the right person, as she is someone that cares about you.

Paul.

3. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm meeting her tomorrow morning (10.30) and there is opportunity for us to go for a walk in the park to give us space to talk. I'm extremely nervous already, but I am also in a way excited as this will be my first step into a new life :grin: - seems rather appropriate that it is easter.

Thank you so much Paul for all your support. I'd be nowhere if I hadn't had some way of letting it out and asking questions.

Will

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Congrats and good luck(&&&)