1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby Steps...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thomasJ722, Jun 19, 2011.

1. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so I think that I am getting closer to coming out. (!) I have recently been reminding myself of the importance of God in my life. However, every church I have been in to this point has said tha gays are "abominations" or "damned to hell." Unfortunately, I always sat quietly while the preachers and people of the churched threw knives into my heart with their hurtful comments (But, just like me, they are human beings, so I have always forgiven them). So I really was desperate to find a place, a physical place, where I can be accepted. I looked online for gay-friendly churches in my area. I wanted to find one that was relatively far away from the extremely conservative community in which I currently live so that nobody I knew would notice me. I found one!!! :thumbsup: It is about 3 cities away from where I live, but very much worth the drive. When I walked into the church, my stomach had that wierd butterfly feeling...I guess I was a little nervous. The lady at the front of the church asked me if I was "just visiting for variation" or if I was "looking for a progressive church." I gave her the only response that had been on my mind for the past few days: "I want a place to worship God, where I will not be called an 'abomination,' if you know what I mean..." She understood what that meant and was very supportive. She told me I am safe to come worship at this church anytime. She also told me something that almost made me want to cry with happiness: "God does not exclude. Why should we?" To sum things up, I enjoyed the service and getting back in touch with God. I will be attending that church every Sunday.(!)(!)(!) Praise God!!!!! (!)

2. Sadepeura

I am so happy for you! Today I decided not to go to church because the one I would have gone to was just like your old church. But I still feel a bit bad because it is not God's fault that the people at that church are like that. But I know that there are different kind of churches and I am very happy that you found one!

3. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Congratulations on finding a new church.:slight_smile:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's awesome! Really glad you found a place where you can feel comfortable and not being judged! Congrats on going out there and making it happen! :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear that!! I wish that there was a church that was open-minded around me.

God does not exclude, why should we?

That quote just made my night!!!

6. ICTOAUN

jealous. i can't wait until i find a gay friendly church. there is one in my town, and everytime i drive past it i long to just stop my car and go check it out. im going to wait until i go to college until i come out. and then i will find the perfect church to go to.