1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's getting so much better!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by emilyfrances, Jun 21, 2011.

1. emilyfrances

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the midst of coming out to most of my friends as bisexual (with a preference for girls). I just wanted to let anyone know who is struggling with whether to come out or not, that it is getting SO MUCH BETTER! I have not had a SINGLE negative response in the 20+ people I've told. Granted, all of these people are teenagers and youth. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about my strict Roman Catholic family, but I believe as a society, we're getting better! I 100% believe that when our generation has children and takes positions of power, that our world will be a more accepting places for LGBTQ+ people everywhere!

2. Foxywolf

Good for you! I have had mostly positive responses in the few people I came out to. I hope the rest will be that way too! I am hoping to be out in college.

3. acd92

News like this is always good to hear! I recently have been coming out slowly to close friends, and I've received nothing but positive responses. I also tried with my mother, but she immediately dismissed the subject. However, I really do believe (and news like this encourages it) that it really does get better. I am beyond happy for you and wish nothing but the best!! :slight_smile:

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

I don't enjoy admitting I was wrong, but...they told us so. :slight_smile:

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear it.