1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my dad!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Foxywolf, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Foxywolf

Oh my god it's my graduation day and I just came out to my dad! My dad mentioned the gay marriage law being passed, and we all made slight comments on it. Then when my mom went upstairs and after I showered, I went down to my dad and after standing awkwardly for a while said, "Dad you know why I am so happy that the gay marriage law got passed? Because I'm gay!" I didn't use one of the silly ways, but it really did work! I am so happy!
    He then said, "Are you sure?" and I said, "Yes." and then I said "I love you dad," and he said "I love you Katherine." And we hugged.
    And then I asked him if he knew already and he said he suspected.
    YAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAAYAY I am out to my WHOLE immediate family (it's only three people but it feels universal!)
    (!)
    First gay marriage is legalized in my state then I have enough courage to come out to my dad! AND it's my graduation day! WHOO what a day! and it's only just beginning!
    Gosh this feels great, it feels so so great.

2. Just Passing

That's awesome, congratulations. Day like that are just sheer and utter perfection. :slight_smile:

3. KnightAssassin

AWESOME!! congrats and have a EPIC graduation !!!!!!! such a great day isn't it :slight_smile:

4. Congrats!!! What an awesome day :slight_smile:

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

woohoo! congratulations!! :thumbsup: and i think all of us new yorkers need a banana dance to recognize the special awesomeness of today: (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

6. acd92

AWWW YEAHHH!!! I am so happy for you, that's wonderful! And let me tell you, I was literally doing backflips last night after they passed that bill. Definitely makes for a great weekend. :slight_smile: Congratulations! Best wishes for smooth sailing from here!

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wonderful, glad it went so well! :slight_smile:

8. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMG!!! That's freaking amazing. You are so blessed right now!!!! I am so happy they accept you!!! I was freaking happy as heck when they passed the marriage bill. Cuomo is the most amazing New York governor ever!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATION!!!! All of your hard work has paid off!!! Yay!!! You are so courageous for coming out. I hope your day keeps getting better. I hope that God keeps blessing you!!

9. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on telling your dad and graduation.

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Thatss great! congrats and glad your dad reacted well! :slight_smile:

11. Foxywolf

Yeah thanks guys! Things seem to be going well for me! I definitely did not think I would have made it this far in the short amount of time that I did.
    I even had enough courage to have a miniature discussion with my mom about where she stands/ how supportive she is. My take is she is basically supportive, but she would rather me NOT be gay because she knows that being gay is a hard life. Basically she is worried for me. I know that time will probably make her get more used to the idea. She is really the one that took it the worst and made the biggest deal out of it. She said she was afraid that I was never going to be happy, well I plan to prove her wrong. I was actually a little offended when she said she thought I would never be happy :frowning2:
    But even if my mom is not 100% wonderful about me being gay, at least she has said multiple times that she definately still loves me. And the most homophobic thing she ever said to me was when I suggested becoming a vegitarian she said, "no don't make yourself weirder than you already are."
    But things have been going well for me. So yeah, I am sure my mom will get better as time goes on.

#11 Foxywolf, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011