1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darkie's Coming Out Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Aramil_Galadonel, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Aramil_Galadonel

Well, this is a little bit old, two weeks to be precise, but I figure it's fitting, considering its exactly two weeks since I came out in a few hours.

Two weeks ago, I had hit one of my infamous "lows" and I was surfing the internet at my Dad's place. Three months earlier, I had found that I was gay, or, at the time thought I was Bisexual. I had sort of crushed on a guy I met online, and fell asleep thinking of him a few times. So anyway, at this time, I was just stressed and hated hiding that part of myself from everyone I knew, so I went online and looked for advice.

After a couple dozen websites and the same information found on each one, I searched for a Chat room, one where I could talk to gay people either my age, or in my area.
    I found one, and went on it, and after a while of talking to people, I was talking to this one guy, and, we hit it off. Him and I talked for hours that night, and just, connected. Talking to him, it gave me courage, and I posted over facebook how I was gay, and that I'd been denying it and hiding it for years. The night I posted that, my heart kept skipping beats every time I heard a noise from my Dad's room, I was sure he'd come out and see it, and something bad would happen...

The next day, my dad still hadn't seen it, but almost everyone else I knew had, and they were all very accepting. I was elated and relieved, but still nervous, what would my dad think?
    Then, two hours later, I was talking to a friend of mine, he was saying how proud he was that I came out, and that it must have taken a lot of courage, when I say a notification. My dad had liked my status, he had read me coming out. I almost had a heart attack right then, and was nearly paralyzed with fear. All my Dad did, was post one thing...
    > : D <
    The code that we used over Yahoo Messenger, it made a hug... he came out of his room, and hugged me, and told me that he loved me and accepted me no matter what. I'm not going to lie, I could have cried then and there; but I didn't, I smiled, tears in my eyes and thanked him. He went back to his room, and I went back to the computer...
    An hour after this, my grandparents' got home from work, and my Gran went onto the computer... fifteen minutes after, my Dad and I were at the couch, when my Gran called my Grandad over, and then they came to me, and said "You are who you are Mitchell, we love you always." I was so relieved, and happy... heh, I was happy enough to ignore the joke my Gran made... Her exact words "You little s**t! You're not going to make me a great grandmother!"... heheh, I knew she was joking, but it still stung a little...

Thats my story... my Mom and Step Dad told my siblings and step-siblings about it, and I've been a metric tonne happier since.

Oh, and if you're wondering what happened between me and the guy I met on the chatroom, don't worry :wink: He's my boyfriend.

2. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats.

3. Just Passing

This has made me very happy to read this so early in the morning and it gives me inspiration for when I eventually plan to come out. I'm glad your coming out scenario went as well as it did and was better than you thought it would. Congratulations. :slight_smile:

4. Aramil_Galadonel

I found the exact status I did (Okay, it was a note) xD
    Just got the idea to put this here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. thomasJ722

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. Sadepeura

Awesome! I'm so glad that your family took it so well! :slight_smile: You're very brave!