1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out stories from older (30+) members

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mikeinla, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mikeinla

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all,

Posting this thread because as a bisexual guy who's considering coming out at a later stage in life (36), I'm curious to hear from those in a similar situation. I've heard from a couple of members already and it's been really helpful. I'm really curious about those who might be living, like me, in a big city (I'm in Los Angeles) where the gay community can often seem like an intimidating, place to be. Quite honestly even as a bisexual guy I've never felt really connected to gay men (not a huge fan of "the scene") and it's really constrained my choices in terms of finding available men to get involved with. Really confused, and really looking to hear what others have found in their journeys.

I want to thank everyone who's reached out to me thus far. EC has turned out to be a really wonderful supportive place.

2. Jim1454

You've heard mine - no problem!

I've said it somewhere in here before, but I'll say it again... I posted an ad in the 'strictly platonic - men searching for men' section of Craigslist - and I got some really decent responses. You might try that. I figured if I was 'out there looking' then there had to be at least one other person that I could relate to that was also 'out there looking'.

I wouldn't expect to meet someone at a gay bar somewhere - that's just not my scene either. However, I kind of like spending time in 'the village' because it's reasuring to be surrounded by others like myself.

Good luck.

3. mikeinla

Out Status:
    A few people
    Advice taken into consideration. You rock Jim. I also sent you a message. Thanks again!!