1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First step out of the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by confusedgirl, Jul 3, 2011.

1. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    So I just recently finnished writing my mother this long letter about my gender dysphoria and how I'm trans and I just sent her the email a moment or so ago but she probably won't read it till sometime tomorrow because she's asleep. Theirs a voice inside of my head screaming at me that I should care that she could possibly kick me out of the house or disown me as her kid but I'm really not that freaked about it I didn't send her that letter just to get a rise out of her and say "just kidding". I did it so she would know the truth and that this would stop eating me up inside like a parasite and I could start feeling happy again.

Has anyone else felt this way when they came out to a parent?

#1 confusedgirl, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. Katelynn

In a way, I'm a little jealous of you because I still haven't told my parents that I'm female yet & it feels both really horrible not telling them & really safe for me being able to not have them know, especially since I had to move back in with them both. I have spent every day trying to have the conversation in my head, trying to imagine what I'll say & what they'll say. I feel totally the same about how I feel inside, but I think that this is normal. I think you're really brave for coming out & I'm sending big hugs your way right now!