1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to all in school – O_o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Fiddledeedee, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Fiddledeedee

Well, three classes at school including mine went on a 7-mile hike today, and one of the boys, D, said that I should start thinking about getting a boyfriend. I had decided that if someone brought up boy/girlfriends, then I would come out. So I said that I might get a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I knew that D would tell others, and we were walking in a group, so the news that I was bi travelled very fast. D's first reaction was that I must be joking, which was echoed by just about everyone who spoke to me for the next half hour. As I expected, I was then interrogated for the rest of the hike (I came out before lunch). So, I am now out to about 80-90 people and they will no doubt tell their friends. It is weird; I am glad to be out, and it was very funny to see everyone's reactions (not one was negative, though one person jokingly ran away from me a few paces). It feels strange as I was just getting comfy in my closet and gently opening the door and now everyone at school knows, or as good as. I feel like: (!) :confused: :slight_smile: :icon_sad: :bang: :icon_bigg :eusa_doh: (&&&). Should I feel this way? I was not going to be out to everyone until Year 10, as we move sites for school and apparrantly people are more accepting, but I am happy to be out overall. I just hope no-one tells my mother!

Just my ramblings!

2. Just Passing

Congratulations for coming out at your age. Back when I was in Year Ten, I was still coming to terms with my sexuality and if I had truly known back then, I would've been out back then.

You handled the situation well, got a positive response and feel better overall. Well done. :slight_smile:

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

i totally understand. being out at all will make you feel that way. but first, I MUST say: :eusa_clap you are BRAVE. i don't have the guts tell even my friends, let alone the whole school! im duely impressed. :slight_smile:

4. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out.

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome =P

Similar happened to me a few months ago, although i was pretty much obliged to get out he closet, i felt much better when i did it.

Shorter than 1 day my whole classroom knew it (but most people don't even comment) and im pretty sure the whole school (hipotetically speaking) knows it by now lol.

I wouldn't say my coming out was good, because...i came out because of an horrible situation, but later i admit; that "horrible" situation finally made me get out.

You are very brave for coming out, most people at our current age (13-15 or even 16) aren't mature enough to respect other people's natural attractions, or they are discriminative as many people on this world....

I haven't been target of bullies or anything.. (like i was expecting) and even 110% straight friends joke around about my bi-ness XD, i talk about guys with my female friends, and about girls with male friends.

They all know it, and they take it very well, not treating me like if i was "confused" or anything.

I wish you the same luck!

Now, Doesn't it feel awesome when you truly act the way you are ?

Heh <3

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Sometimes the time just sort of sneaks up on you. Congrats on taking the plunge! The emotions right after coming out can be like a complete roller coaster so its completely normal.

Glad everything turned out well for you :slight_smile:

7. Fiddledeedee

Glad that having mixed feelings is normal!

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, well done, and you're only 14 as well! When I was that age I hadn't even accepted my sexuality let alone thought about coming out, let alone told the entire school. Congratulations! That's quite an achievement. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

9. RaeofLite

I would say, tell your good friends and make sure you have a support network, so incase your parents find out, you will have people to go to to talk with or support you.

Good for you though. I was completely not aware of myself at your age, much less anywhere near coming out.

10. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

OMG YAY! Well done! :grin:
    *plans even larger party for you* :wink:
    I wish I could be as brave and awesome!
    YYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! -again...

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I wish that I could have come out in high school.