1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle facebook coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mischa91, Jul 8, 2011.

1. mischa91

I just changed my 'interested in' bit on facebook from nothing to men and women. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it by announcing it on my wall or anything, i doubt anyone will really care.

My brother is one of my fb friends but he doesn't go on much so he probably won't even notice; if he does he won't say anything to my mam because he doesn't want her to know he is on fb, he likes his privacy. I want to tell her but she made a nasty comment the other day when i was talking about a girl from school i still keep in touch with; i was telling my mam that my friend is now living with her girlfriend. My mam's comment to this was "she wasn't very pretty was she? I sometimes think that some unpretty girls get into relationships with other girls because they can't find a boyfriend". I just looked at her like an idiot, i had no idea what to say to her very matter of fact statement. I was so blown away by her idiocy and ignorance. One day i will change her mind and her views, but i think it's best done slowly.

Hopefully there won't be any negative comments about it from the people i see regularly, i'm just not going to hide it anymore.

I'm also planning on going to the upcoming pflag picnic, maybe i'll invite a friend from the barn who i know is pretty open minded and likes food.

I believe this post requires dancing fruit. (!)

2. Sadepeura

Cool! :slight_smile: Congratulations for taking that step.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did that too!! Not very many people notice it. But it is a good first step because I came out to my good friend afterwards. Good Luck!!

4. 4alex6

I also did that about a month ago, I don't think many people noticed and I have heard from some of my closest friends that a lot of people think that I am bisexual anyway. I just don't have the strength to come out to more people yet.

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats.

6. Katelynn

Congratulations! (*hug*) It's the little steps that we take that sometimes feel like the biggest victories!

7. mischa91

Thanks a lot everyone!

No ones really said anything yet, either they haven' noticed or it's not a big enough deal to bring it up. That doesn't really matter to me, just the fact that it is out their in a public forum where people i know can read and see it is enough for me.