1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out on Facebook :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 4alex6, Jul 11, 2011.

1. 4alex6

So after being on EC for a few weeks and getting advice from everyone, I decided that it was time for me to finally come out on Facebook. I started by telling two of my closest friends yesterday and asking them how I should come out. Apparently some people already though that I was bi so that also made it a little easier to fully come out. This morning I posted a status update saying "I know that I've already told some of you about this, but I think it's time for me to tell everyone else so I don't have to worry about it any longer. As some of you may suspect, I am bi (not gay, there is a difference) and I hope that no one will be against it. :slight_smile:" and I am anxious about what people will say about it. I still have to come out to my parents but I don't think I will do that for a long time. Thanks for all the support everyone! (!):slight_smile:

2. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hello Alex, and congratulations on coming out thru Facebook. Keep us updated how that turns out for you. :slight_smile:

3. TraceElement

congrats! You will probably be nervous for a while, until that first person comments or likes the status.

4. 4alex6

UPDATE: After I posted my status update I got a notification that someone had commented on it, however I was too nervous to see what he had said. So about 15 minutes later I went back to see his comment and found out that it was removed by him. I guess it was better for me not to see the comment after all.

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats and keep us posted.

6. 4alex6

Well after posting the status update this morning I have had no likes or comments yet, maybe I'll get some tomorrow, I'm not too concerned about it.

7. RaeofLite

Some people might choose to approach you face to face if they have anything to say about it. Some people, if they are accepting might not even mention it.. which is technically what I hope it will be like in the future for LGBTQ because it will be seen as more normal than it is today. :slight_smile:

Congrats though.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Mr.Pushover

Congrats! Takes a lot of guts to post that on facebook. I can't even do that :x

10. Albertal

wow that's something big! congratulations!:eusa_clap