1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good coming out conversation?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LovexGinger, Jul 20, 2011.

1. LovexGinger

I plan on coming out next week (yay me! :grin:) to my parents about my wishes to become a woman. However I don't k ow how to say it really. So I have a draft I guess, of what I will say.

"You guys love me no matter what right?"

parents: "Yes." (hopefully)

me: "Okay, well I don't really know how to say this without making it sound blunt. But for the last few years, and especially recently, I've felt uncomfortable with my gender identity. I really feel confused about what I am and, I've done a lot of soul searching and thinking; I've talked to all my friends, and I've come to the conclusion that I want to become a woman. Don't think this is your fault, I've really always felt this way."

"I don't want you to think that I'm changing who I am. I'm still your loud, talkative and energetic child. I just want to be your loud, talkative and energetic daughter. Please don't be angry or sad. I still love you guys and hope you still love me."

hopefully after that there will be a sweet moment where they are okay with it and we'll all be happy. :slight_smile:

wish me luck on teusday!!! :grin:

Ian

2. Sadepeura

That sounds like a good plan! :slight_smile: I hope it goes well!

Just remember though, that things don't always work according to the plan and try to think of also what you will say if your parents are not just purely pleased or if they are confused and don't have a clue what you're talking about. Tuesday will be the first time they will hear about this whereas you've had years to think about this. They might need some time to think about it as well and might have questions, try and think what those questions might be. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

3. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck.

4. Bowie

Good luck!

5. LovexGinger

Yeah and I am prepared to answer any questions they have. Also, I have a friend who is standing by to help in any emergency if I need to "get away" should they become angry.

I'm fully prepared.

By the way, LOVE Doctor Who!!! Matt Smith is my Favorite but David Tennant was cuter. :wink:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good Luck!! It's good that you have a place to go if they need some time alone.

7. Katelynn

Good luck! (*hug*) I really wish I was able to take that big step & tell my parents. I really do hope that it goes well for you! (*hug*)

8. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

wow- that's just bravery right there. :slight_smile: good luck!!!! (*hug*)(*hug*)

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It's great that you are planning on telling your parents! :slight_smile:

One suggestion, though, would be to change the wording of "wanting to become a woman" since that might confused them a bit. Let them know that you have always felt like a women and that you now simply want that it to show on the outside as well. That's if you feel that way.

Coming out talks never go as planned, so don't sweat it if you have to improvise a bit and accommodate everything to what's going on.

Hoping everything goes well for you! :slight_smile: