1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to bestfriend but ain't satisfied...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rinto, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I finally came out to this friend I was planning to come out to a long time ago that I'm "bisexual". I felt great for a moment back there, that finally I lessened the burden I have on my chest. But then... I felt like regretting making that decision and I feel so hurt because she hasn't even said a thing but "Ah, okay."..... I hate it....... Sorry to bring in the bad vibes... Just wanna tell someone about it.....:icon_sad:

2. Cantthinkofone

Maybe your friend needs some time to process it or said "Ah okay" because she didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
    Unless she's started avoiding you or has been acting differently I don't think you should worry too much about it.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had the same issue when I first came out to my friends. The two friends that I have come out to so far were ok with me being bisexual. I think that the main problem is that after keeping our sexuality secret for so long that when you start to tell people you have that panic moment because you've kept it secret for so long. Your friend probably just needs some time. I know my two friends did when I told them. When she is ready to talk to you, she will contact you.

4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

oh, i hear you, believe me. long story short- she wasn't a real friend. just give your friend some time, and if she's a true friend, she'll come around. (*hug*) hang in there!!

5. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, she just seems like she doesn't want to make a big deal out of it... give your friend time and some personal space and your friend will come around. :wink:

6. Mogget

It's hard to know how to respond when someone comes out to you. I think a lot of don't realize that. Responding correctly is almost as difficult, sometimes more difficult, than coming out. You don't want to seem too shocked (can make people feel bad/invalidated), too interested (don't wanna be nosy about something so private), non-supportive, etc, etc. My dad's response was roughly the same as your best friend's, and he's totally supportive of gays in general and me in particular.