1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to 5 siblings.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Totoro, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Totoro

I haven't been making much talk around here lately, but over the last few months of my summer I've been pretty busy! The good news is, over the course of that time, I managed to come out to my 5 siblings. Yes, I'm from a big family, where I'm actually the youngest among them.
    I actually started by calling my brother-in-law, who's married to my eldest sibling, my sister. It was the most nerve wracking thing ever. But he's actually the greatest advice giver and a very open person. So when I told him, he was very accepting and asked me a few questions like "How long have you known?". He's generally been really supportive and sending me links to LGBTQ events :slight_smile: It was kind of a given that he'd tell me sister.
    I then told another sibling who was also worried. He also took it quite well.
    The next two was a bit harder,seeing as one of them is rather blunt and to the point. Thankfully my brother-in-law was there for support :grin: So things went quite well as he made sure I'd tell xD Finally I told my last sibling a few days back, and was deathly afraid that he'd be the least accepting. But he wasn't and told me he was quite happy I told him.
    Needless to say, my siblings have been the greatest ever <3 and we're now extremely close now :slight_smile: (we weren't before because I was very secretive about my life due to my gay-ness)
    Life's been great since then, and now there's only my parents left!

I just thought i'd share!

Edit: Something that a lot of people don't realize is that, even though your siblings might say some pretty naive and ignorant things about Gay people, they might not mean it, or they might just be saying stupid things. When they find out about you, and you know they're quite open-minded, then you'll see just how much things will change and that they never meant those things.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

You have certainly been busy! Congrats on telling all of them!! :slight_smile:

3. Adam

Yay congrats! I am the youngest of 5 kids, telling all them was very hard but the greatest feeling ever afterwards!