1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by XtReMeEnIgMa247, Jul 27, 2011.

1. XtReMeEnIgMa247

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known my best friend since elementary school but actually I have no memory of him from then. But regardless...

I've known him for like the longest time but we actually didn't officially become friends til we started high school (only talked maybe once or twice in jr. high). Sure, we picked on each other a lot, and even now we still do, but I guess that's only normal. He was the very first person to find out about me. He was a bit uncomfortable at first, but he got over it quickly.

Since then, I developed a bit of a crush on him, though I had a strange way of showing it. He always drops by my dad's shop for a little bit, so where he's closing the place at the end of the week, I figured I might as well tell him how I feel when there was no one around. Just today, I finally got that courage to tell him. I understood that he's straight and has his eyes on someone else, but I'm just glad I got it off my chest after so many years and that telling him did not ruin our friendship.

2. theWorldisYours

Congrats! that takes a lot of guts.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. KaotikPrincess

That's great! Sometimes telling the person you have a crush on (especially if it's a good friend) even if you are unsure they will have mutual feelings is a good thing to do and not keep it hidden away. I developed a crush on my best girl friend and got the guts to tell her one day, come to find out she felt the same way!... We are still best friends to this day, she is married and I am with the love of my life! :grin:

5. Remy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bravo to you on telling him the truth. This "gay man falling for his best friend" seems to happen a lot, even me. It's a lot better to let it out, because you will know for certain what will or will not happen, and not see hints that are not really there. It just makes the getting over that much easier.

Glad to know it worked out :]

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats. Glad it did not ruin your friendship.