1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been busy.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by theWorldisYours, Aug 4, 2011.

1. theWorldisYours

So over the past three days actually, I've made some good progress with my coming out.

I told two close friends of mine over Facebook message and got great responses. Both said that they are completely supportive, one told me that by the end of the year she had a crush on me, but it's not like that was a suppress haha.

So just minutes ago I finally got the courage to tell my twin sister. We were watching the jersey shore, and I finally managed to spit out the words, I want to tell you something.

She said what?
    me: I'm gay.
    her: what?
    her: what?

her eyes got wider and wider each time she asked what I was telling her. I'm not going to sugar coat this, she was shocked. I had a lot of explaining to do, and I had to pinky swear to her that I wasn't joking. We talked about it for a bit but then my mom came home so she made me promise her i'd talk about it tomorrow after work.

This isn't a fairy tale response, but I'm happy with it. She told me that I'm her brother, and she'll always love me, but that it would take her some time to understand. I told her I completely understand because it has taken me years to come to terms with it.

Even though it would have been nice to have one of those comical laid back coming outs, what can you expect from someone you've been growing up with since the day I was born. It's a great relief to have off of my back, and I'll be there for her to help her understand me better.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! It takes a lot of courage to come out.

#2 BradThePug, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  3. Miss T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think a key factor in how people will react when anyone comes out is if they are already somewhat suspicious. Obviously it depends on what type of person they are in general, but some people won't try to hide their homosexuality as much as others will. My main point is don't take it personally, I'm sure she's always thought of you as straight and has never had any indication of you being gay or she overlooked it. You're very brave for taking that first step, it's definitely worth it. Be very proud of yourself ! =D

4. PsychoticMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congrats on telling your sister. Just give her some time. Just look at it from her point of view, I mean your her twin brother so she feel feel somewhat a sense of betrayal. Just be their for her when she need to talk about it. She might have even seen the signs, but she might have just brush it off. She needs to work it out for herself and you will se she will come to the realization that the signs where there all along.

Congrats yet again.

6. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

congradulations!!