1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i did it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by biosynth, Aug 5, 2011.

1. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i came out to my mom, i told her i needed to talk to her stood unable to say anything said i was gay and she just said ok.

i was really shocked that she was ok with it (as long as i didnt bring home fake boobs and stilletos "dont be a weird gay" she said :lol:slight_smile: later she asked if i had kissed a guy yet (i haven't since i spent all of high school pretending i wast gay just asexual, not strait just asexual) she said that i only thought i was gay till i kissed a guy and liked it, is that really a rule?

2. chrisb

Well no, you can be gay and never act on anything. It's all in who you are physically atracted to. I have never been physically atracted to women, so i knew for a very long time but i didn't actually kiss someone till many years after.

3. biosynth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    whats weird is that it went well and my nervousness about it is gone but now i feel really awkward for some weird reason.

4. chrisb

Yeah that awkward feeling lasts for awhile, but the more you open up and the more understanding your mother is, the awkwardness will fade.

5. 4alex6

Congratulations on coming out to your mom! I also had that awkwardness feeling but it did go away after a while. I hope everything goes well with your mom and anyone else you might consider coming out to! It gets a lot easier to come out to people once you know that you have full support from one of your family members, and hopefully that awkwardness feeling won't happen when you start to tell more people. Just work at your own pace and Good Luck! :slight_smile:

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That is definitely not true. You can totally know who you like way before you kiss them. The important part is knowing you want to kiss them in the first place! :slight_smile:

Congrats on coming out!! The feelings right afterwards can feel like a roller coaster and people react to it very differently, but with time it should all feel like normal back again :slight_smile:

7. weboflies

Ignore everyone else here, your mother is right, obviously you need to start kissing boys ASAP :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (j/k, natch)