1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so uneventful

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by wellhidden, Aug 9, 2011.

1. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Well i finally told my sister that is was gay and well, it became akward and uneventful, then the said "awesome i have a gay brother" and i was like for gods sake think of how im feeling at the moment. Jeez
    well yeah sorta happy but she has a big mouth so im kinda scared :frowning2:

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    glad for you Wellhidden!!! As for her big mouth... well that can be a little bit of a problem, specially if she tells people about it that you wanted to tell face to face. I would advice you ask her to keep this quite for a while until you spoke to them yourself.

3. KaotikPrincess

Tell her you need her support right now, and you will tell people when you are ready.

4. Phillip

I'm sure that she didn't mean to seem unsympathetic, you have to remember that unless she's experienced firsthand how hard coming out can be she doesn't know what you're going through. You should talk to her and explain how difficult it is for you, and share some of the emotions that no doubt are whirling around in your head. That way she may realize how important it is that she doesn't go telling everyone, and instead gives you time to do things on your own. Congratulations by the way(*hug*)

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My stepfather's reaction seemed like it completely ignored how scared and emotional I was at the time, so I understand how you feel. But, like the above posters mentioned, she might not know how to react.

I think the important thing is that she accepts it, though. As far as her "big mouth," you might, as already stated, tell her how important it is that she not tell anyone until you're ready for them to know.

And congratulations on coming out! I'd love to provide you with some congratulatory cookies, but I don't live anywhere near what I think is part of Australia, so (*hug*)

6. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Thanks for your advices. oh and i had a talk with my sis and its all running a bit too smoothly for my liking. And yes i smell something fishy in the near future. But its all good right now :slight_smile:

7. Colton

MI'M glad everythings going pretty well! Good job:slight_smile:

8. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Congrats on having the courage to come out! fingers crossed for smooth runnings in the future :slight_smile: