1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My comings out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hanil, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Hanil

Uhm. It's my first thread, and I'm italian, so sorry for all the mistakes. And correct me, please!
    I understood I was bisexual three years ago. O my God, it's already a lot of time.
    My best friend Cate is the first who has known it. I told her at school, when the teacher was coming into the class. Actually, it was pretty funny. She gasped for a while, then she shrugged and said "Look, I don't care".
    Then another friend, Giulia (with Cate we are a trio) discovered it and she showed even less interest than Cate.
    Then other four friend, and stop.
    I also spoke with my mother about it, but she didn't take it well. She just... didn't and don't want to believe it is real. I mean, she said it's because of my sense of justice and volition to protect minorities. And since that day my life at home is pretty like the hell. We don't even touch on the topic, neither with films or books or TV or whatever if it's possibile [not that it's my choice] but mum call me "bitch" and tell me "fuck you" and she doesn't realize how much she hurts me. My family situation is bad for other reasons too, but this reason is like a boulder. There's that feel, you konw, I-know-you-know-I-know but no one speaks. It's driving me crazy.
    It's not right. I mean, if you want to be a parent, the you must be ready for everything, specially for things like this which are harmless, which are normal. I didn't tell you I'm a murder, did I? Or that I take drugs. So be fine with this!
    Anyway, luckily I have my friends. They are really great, I really love them. They are my family.
    So, the truth is, I'm essentially happy. There are some moments I think I can't go on anymore, but I guess everyone have these kind of thoughts.
    I get stronger than three years ago. I was weak, but now I'm not. Not a rock, but I can avoid bending too much.
    So, it's my boring story. Sorry for mistakes!

#1 Hanil, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    First off, you speak english is better than most Americans.

I'm real sorry about your mom's reaction. I can only imagine how hurt you must feel right now... (*hug*)

I don't know how accepting Italy is of homosexuals or bisexuals, but hopefully your mother will learn to accept you in time. Until then, I hope you can rely on your friends, who do sound supportive, for help. And you can always come to us, too.

And your story is hardly boring. Nor is it unique; there are plenty of people who have had similar reactions, so Ill let hem take over.
    (*hug*)

3. Sadepeura

Hi and welcome to EC!

I'm glad you have such wonderful friends and I hope your family situation will get better eventually, once they get used to the idea and understand what it's actually about. I'm sure this website will be helpful for you. :slight_smile: And your English is very good too!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!!
    I can understand your families reaction. When I originally came out to my mother, she did not believe that I could be bisexual. With time she came around. Maybe you could get her some information, that might help her accept you more.

It's also good that you have supportive friends. I know that my friends have helped me through a lot.

Your English is wonderful, actually it's better than almost all of the people in my hometown.

5. Hanil

Thanks to all of you.
    Solarcat, in Italy there are so many stupid people! We have the Vatican in the middle of the state, and it can't help. Not because Catholicism is a bad thing, but the majority of Catholics are not exactly pro gay, and the majority of italians are Catholic. We neither have a law against homophobia.
    But actually I guess it isn't so bad.
    Sadepeura, thank you, I'm sure I'll be fine here :slight_smile:
    Thecat06, I tried to give her some information, but it was worse. It was like hitting a wall, you know, like :bang:. At last I got fed up and I just gave up.

Again, thank you, also for saying that I speak good english xD