1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHH. It feel so good. :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sloaners, Aug 18, 2011.

1. sloaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about a year now, but I haven't told anyone. Niether of us have been in a relationship with another woman, but she was a lot more confident about coming out. Her friends and family know, and I hang out with them too, but it's just not the same as having someone of your own to confide in and talk to. I was so jealous this entire that she was out and I'm not. As some of you know or can imagine, that's REALLY hard on a relationship. She felt like she wasn't good enough, and everytime I had to lie to someone I would take it out on her. Although she understood that it's difficult and that it's a completely different situation for me, it's just not fair to her.
    I've been on this website for only a couple of days, but it's been SUCH an inspiration for me. Some of you guys are so strong and confident, and it gave me a little courage. Last night I was talking to my friend and she was confiding in me a few things that are going on in her life. And finally I just told her. I was like "I can relate. I've been dating Jess for almost a year now, but no one knows besides her friends and family." It was so casual and awesome. It felt amazing! She was so supportive.
    I'm seriously so happy that I told her. I think it gave me the courage to come out to my mom and brother. With baby steps, I can do this.
    It will be such a weight off my shoulders one everyone knows. I've lied so much in that past year, that I almost lost myself. I couldn't keep anything straight. But now, I'm remembering, and this experience is going to make me and my relationship so much stronger.
    I can't wait to change my relationship status to "in a relationship with Jessica Fiscus."

:slight_smile:))))

Tell me about your stories!

2. sloaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AND I JUST TOLD MY BROTHER. He was super supportive. He said "Well I'm not gonna bash you or anything ya know?? Like if you end up being openly fay that's all cool!!"

I'm on a role, guys. This feels awesome.

3. Katelynn

Congratulations!!! It always so aweome when friends & family are supportive & show how great they can be! I'm happy for you! :slight_smile:

4. maverick

Um, can we officially call lesbians "fays" instead of "gays" now? Because that would be super awesome. :lol:

fay: n. a fairy.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great!! I'm glad that you have supportive friends and family!!

6. sloaners

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys! Yes I am very grateful for all the support I've gotten thus far, I hope it keeps on going!

7. 4alex6

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that you have gotten a lot of support from your family! :slight_smile: (!)

8. Leif

That's really awesome :icon_bigg I hope the the support just keeps on coming

9. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Congrats! (!)(!!)(!)

10. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats... and I really hope the relationship between you too will definitely improve as you take these baby steps

11. Shmoe

Awesome! look who rolls the nickels? Keep it up

12. whatsnormal7

congrats!!! thats awesome! I wish I had that courage! Im out to 12 people but I still havnt told a single one in person- I just cant seem to do it.

13. addie88

congratulations! it's the best feeling in the world.

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

You are definitely on a role! Congrats on taking the plunge and telling your friend and your brother :slight_smile:

For some silly reason, this is beyond rewarding to do. The first time I did it with my first boyfriend I was smiling for weeks haha

Your story made me smile :slight_smile: