1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gdom76, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Gdom76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I don't know if this is big enough to warrant a whole thread but I thought it was a pretty cool.

So I am currently a freshman in college (just moved in Wednesday) and I previously came out to one other person last year during the last week or so of high school, she was fine with it but I never actually talked to her about anything since I didn't see her during the summer and she was one year younger than me.

I also recently decided to come out to one of my friends that is going to the same college as me before college started and I did a few days ago. So I sent her a message Tuesday saying that "I was gay" etc. and to my great surprise, I found out that she was a lesbian and the she was actually in a semi-closeted relationship. I thought I misread her response when it implied that she was in a relationship with another girl since you could never tell it by looking/talking to her. It's also funny since I used to get really jealous of her since she always talked to this gay guy that I really liked and I thought that she liked him. :roflmao:

I liked this coming out a lot better since yesterday we met up and campus and walked around and talk about LGBT for few hours. It feels so great to have a person in real life to talk to about that kind of stuff.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Not to sound super cheesy, but every coming out story of any kind deserves its own thread. Sometimes its really tough to tell anyone so why not celebrate and tell the world how good it feels to have done it!

Congrats on going for it and having an awesome friend by your side! Looks like college is starting great for you already :slight_smile:

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    totally worth its own thread!! congrats!!!

4. sjg545

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats!!(*hug*)

5. Ralivar

Congrats! It's great that it went so well, and that your friend shared with you as well.

6. Foxywolf

Yeah every coming out story deserves its own thread. I wanted to throw a party after every person I came out to. That would be a little unrealistic though. I also wanted to throw a party after I came out to my whole immediate family, but that didn't happen either *sigh*

But anyway congrats! Thats a wonderful coming out story, it really is nice to have a person to talk about LGBT things with.