1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother, Check.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Shmoe, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Shmoe

Due to recent inspiration, I decided to come out to my mom. I had no idea how she'd re-act but I just had to. I took her outside even though it's late (It's about 11 here in Denmark). I eased her in by talking about other issues. When I felt she was comfortable I began. I felt so dizzy, My heart was beating too fast but it had to be now.
    "Mom, I want you not to say anything for this part."
    "ok..."
    I feel like I almost fainted, "I'm gay"
    I went on to explain that it's not her fault and that this is a non-issue for me. She asked the basic questions like how do I know and am I sure it's not a phase. She let me know that she loves me and that life may get harder. She went on to gossip about how my dad will upset but I didn't care at that moment. I held her hand and let her know that I'm not going to change and that I'm still her guy and she said she knew and still loved me. Than I went on to tell her if she told any one I'd slit her throat.

My heart is still beating. That you Vivian, Thank you EC and thank you mom.

2. sjg545

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats!!!! :slight_smile: I just came out to my mom yesterday too! It's the most amazing feeling isn't it? Congrats again. That's a huge step!

3. 4alex6

Congratulations! It takes a lot of courage to come out to one of your family members; I'm glad everything went well for you! :slight_smile: (!)

4. Vivien

Vivien Guest

Congratulations!!! Mom's are the best people to have on your side. I recently met you but I cant help but feel a sense of pride in you that you were able step up to the stage like that. I hope that you can keep me and all of us updated with whats happening to you, we care about our own (not to separate from others or to imply.. you get what i mean). I cant wait to hear your next story or hear about some game you kicked butt at or even a pizza joint ill never go to because im not totally sure where Denmark is :slight_smile:

5. closetedafraid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow! Your mom seems extremely accepting, compared to mine. Congrats!!

6. george678

7. addie88

congratulations!!! that must feel awesome. i wish my mom was as open-minded as yours is :confused:

8. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

Congratulations! This really inspires to me to try and tell my own mum, but I'm way too scared :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats!! :grin:

10. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Congratulations!

That sounds a little like my experience, except my mom already knew some stuff about homosexuality, so there was nothing I really had to explain about it.