1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally exhausted.... but in a good way

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sjg545, Aug 23, 2011.

1. sjg545

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Today was a big one. I came out to my dad, my dads girlfriend, and my brother. My dad was by far the hardest but he was great and supportive. He had cone into my room because he knew something was bothering me because I sat im my room all day today not interacting with anybody and he wanted to see what was wrong. We had a pretty long talk with the normal questions like "are you sure?", "how long have you known?" He made sure to let me know that he still loves me and it doesnt change anything between us. He actually thinks that we are going to get closer because he's noticed that ive gotten more and more withdrawn lately. I think he was so great because he had already suspected and had time to get used to the idea.

Next came my younger brother... He was knocked speechless to be completely honest. And first he was like "You're not gay" After I said "yeah I am" like three times he finally realized I was serious. He was really good and he even apologized for sometimes busting my stones which I thought was really nice of him. I thought for sure he had suspected but I guess not... It was funny because last week when I pulled my mom aside to to cOne out to her, we went for a walk and when we got back he was bugging me wanting to know what we talked about. I think jokingly, he was like "you're not gay are you?" I actually brought that up and he doesn't even remember saying it.

Last was my dads girlfreind. She was the easiest person to tell. I went out into the living room and she was on the patio smoking a cigarette with my dad next to her. I said that she was the last person to actually know from me but the first person to suspect. (Apparently she has suspected outloud to my dad or the last three years they have been together) I was like "well I just came out to dad and M" She just said cool but I know she is totally supportive cause she lived in NYC for like 16 years before she moved in with us and whenever she goes back, she stays with one of her gay friends and his partner so she definitely isn't homophobic.

So that's my story for today!! I am completely emotionally exhausted as I said in my title but I feel great that I got my greatest secret off my chance.

P.S. I think this calls for some dancing bananas hahahahaha. What do you think?

2. NICE! Congratulations! That is really awesome.

And I'd says so: (!) (!) (!)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Heck yes! (!) (!) (!)

Congrats on going for it!! :grin:

4. Mark182

Mark182 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations!! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

5. reallyrandomguy

Congratulations! It's awesome that they're supportive of you!

PS: Heck yeah it calls for dancing bananas!
    (!) (!!) (!)

6. george678

Congratulations, I'm sure you can feel the weight lifted.

That's the big hurdles done now.

Roll on Dancing Bananas! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. FloatingPiano

Congratulations!

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He